Applications for 2024-2025 will open February 1, 2024.
To learn more, watch this video from Conway Corp’s TV show, Here and There.
CAYLI is a school-year program consisting of a two-day (overnight) retreat and seven monthly sessions, which include human services, education, media/technology, healthcare, work world/economy, government/court system, and environment/agriculture. A community service project is a vital part of the curriculum.
• Represents a cooperative effort between UCA Outreach & Community Engagement, Faulkner County Leadership Institute, and school districts throughout Faulkner County.
• Develops leadership potential within 11th and 12th grade students.
• Addresses the challenges and opportunities of our community.
• Exposes students to avenues for community involvement and improvement.
The Conway Area Youth Leadership Institute (CAYLI) addresses community challenges of a growing area and exposes our county’s youth to opportunities for community involvement and improvement.
Click here to learn more about CAYLI’s goals and background!
Applications will be open on February 1st, 2024, and close by the end of the day on March 1st, 2024. Selections will be made in April.
The Conway Area Youth Leadership Institute is open to Faulkner County students currently enrolled in the 10th and 11th grades. Selection is based on:
• Demonstration of leadership with peers in school and community settings.
• Commitment to attend a retreat in the summer and all training sessions (September – March) during the 2024-2025 school year.
• Ability to pay a $50 enrollment fee. (Some scholarships are available – see application)
Special effort is made to ensure a diverse group is selected.
Teachers, parents, and others are encouraged to nominate students and encourage them to apply.
A participant is expected to attend all sessions and complete the following requirements:
• Summer Retreat – A two-day session (overnight)
• Attend seven monthly sessions – session times will vary
• Conduct a community service project
• Participate in group fundraising
Graduation will be held in April 2025.
For more information, contact Dr. Shaneil Ealy at email@example.com or call 501-450-5266.