MSHS Graduate Program Frequently Asked Questions


Are all courses online?  Will I need to come to campus?

All courses needed for the degree program are available online.  Students do not need to come to the campus for any of the course work or requirements to complete the degree.

How much is a course?

Current Graduate Fees and tuition costs are posted online at:

Will I need to pay out-of-state tuition?

All online degree program courses are not charged out-of-state tuition.

How many hours can I transfer into the program?

Students enrolled in the Non-Thesis Option may transfer up to twelve hours of coursework related to the master’s degree if the courses meet approval of the graduate advisor and departmental chairperson and relate to the health education degree competencies. Students enrolled in the Thesis Option may only transfer up to 9 hours of credit from another school. The student must provide the advisor the necessary information regarding the courses to be transferred.

Is there a minimum GRE score required?

For our graduate program, the minimum requirement for the Writing score on the GRE is a 3.0. There is not a set score for the Quantitative and Verbal scores for entering the program; however, they will be considered.  The graduate school requires all students to complete the GRE but does not state a minimum score.  Students who have a 2.7 overall GPA or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate program are eligible for admission to the program.

How do I apply to enroll in the master’s degree program?

For enrollment, you will need to make an application to the   University of Central Arkansas Graduate School. Locate the graduate school application, complete the form, and mail it with your application fee to the UCA Graduate office.  If you have not taken the GRE, please do so as soon as possible.  (See the link on the web page with the graduate application.) Students are not eligible for financial aid or graduate assistantships if they have not submitted GRE score.  All GRE scores must be submitted before the student can file for candidacy papers to be formally accepted in the program. As soon as the application is processed by the graduate school, your application is sent to the Department of Health Sciences Graduate advisor who reviews the application and determines your admission status.  The decision is sent to the graduate office and a letter of notification is mailed to the student.