School Leadership, Management, & Admin. – Program Admin.: Adult Education Program Admin. (PMC)

Program Information

Degree Type: ,

Total Credit Hours: 16* (See note below)**

About the Program

Description: (Gainful Employment Disclosure)

The Department of Leadership Studies offers a Post Master’s Certificate (PMC) in Building-level Leadership as Program Administrator with an emphasis in Adult Education for individuals with an appropriate master’s degree and a teaching license in Adult Education. Candidates must have four years of teaching experience in Adult Education and meet Arkansas’s passing score on the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) before making application for the license.
**The following state-approved co-requisites (or equivalent based on transcript analysis) are required for adding the license (12 hours):
SLMA 6312 School-Based Organizational Leadership
SLMA 6320 School Law
SLMA 6340 Instructional Leadership
SLMA 6360 Collaborative School Leadership

Plus the Post Masters Certificate course work listed below *(16 hours):
ASTL 5395 Introduction to Adult Education
ASTL 5396 Methods and Techniques of Adult Education
ASTL Six hours of electives chosen with the consent of the advisor and department chair
SLMA 6166, 6266, or 6366 Internship Adult Education Administrator for a total three hours over two semesters
SLMA 6176 Portfolio Development and Defense

Accreditations/Achievements: NCATE accreditation

Coordinators Name: Shelly Albritton
Coordinators Phone Number: (501) 450-5206
Coordinators Email:

Coordinators Name: Terry James
Coordinators Phone Number: (501)450-3282
Coordinators Email:

How to Apply

Requirements: Admission to the Post-Master's Certificate Program requires completion of an appropriate master's program. In addition, the applicant must apply for admission to the Graduate School and provide the following information for evaluation by the departmental admission committee.

1. A completed application form that includes the names and contact information of three professional references.
2. A valid teaching license.
3. Official transcripts from all institutions attended.

Graduate Bulletin Link: