Military Friendly School 2016UCA VA Logo

      UCA Veteran Services Office





At the UCA Veteran Services Office our mission is to help veterans, current service members, and dependents utilize their VA Benefits.

Please call 501-852-2999 to set up an appointment today.

Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm everyday the school is open for business.

We offer services that include:

  • Certification of GI Bill Benefits
  • Help completing Program Completion Plan
  • Information about benefits
  • Information about scholarships available to military affiliates
  • Help completing scholarship applications

If you are a Veteran, Service Member, Dependent, or ROTC here on campus, generally interested in supporting the military, or receiving assistance with your education, visit the Student Veteran Resource Center (SVRC) located in room 206 D of Old Main.  Click here to visit their site.

For incoming Veteran students, if you have disabilities that inhibit your performance in the classroom please check with the Disability Resource Center. For information about sign-up for these services, click here.

For female service members and veterans there are a number of resources relevant to not only your education, but your health, and well-being as well. For a link to these resources, click here.


Points of Contact:

David Williams
Veteran’s Service Coordinator -VA & Military Benefits
Harrin Hall 223

Leigh Ann DenHartog
Director Academic Advising Center – Post-bachelor’s, Concurrent, and CNSM Adviser
Harrin Hall 106

Cheryl C. Lyons
Director Financial Aid – Title IV Funding
Harrin Hall 204

Lynette Martin
Account Representative – Rehab & Military TA
Bernard 110

Good to Know Info:


Welcome Letter to Veterans and Students: Welcome student Veterans And Dependents

For new students: Program Completion Plan

Champ VA Contact Information:

  • Phone #: 1-800-733-8387
  • Fax #: 303-331-7809

NOTICE: Any Veteran seeking to file a Compensation & Pension Claim with the VA should take note of these two sources for information on pre-/post application. Click here for eligibility requirements and how to apply. Click here for information on the Compensation & Pension Exam.

Department of Defense Memorandum.  Click Here.

Want to know more about The Washington Center (VET) Initiative?  Click here

Chapter Benefits:  Make sure to familiarize yourself with the chapter of benefits you are using.  The more you know, the more you can benefit.

Ch. 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)

Ch. 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)

Ch. 31 (VR&E)

Ch. 35 (DEA)

Ch. 1606 (MGIB SR)

Ch. 1607 (REAP)

The University of Central Arkansas is proud to assist veterans from all branches of service as they work toward achieving their educational goals.  The University works with the Department of Veterans Affairs as well as other federal and state agencies to provided educational assistance to those who have served our country.  If you have questions regarding your VA benefits or how we can help you, please contact Veteran Services at (501) 852-2999 or come by our office in Harrin Hall Room 223 A/B.