State Hall

State Hall’s location next to the Christian Cafeteria and the football field offers convenience for freshmen students. State Hall’s staff sponsor a number of educational and social programs to help make State Hall a home away from home!

View State Hall!

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)Connecting science, technology, engineering, and math to modern challenges, STEM@State launches freshmen students into opportunities for undergraduate research and community service. Students live and learn alongside others with shared interests and goals as they create lifelong friendships on their path to graduation.

To find out more about the STEM@State Living Learning Community, please click here!

image; floor plan, 13 foot by 15 foot

Included in Each Room

2 twin beds
Single-Occupancy style bathrooms
2 desks with chairs
2 chest of drawers
Built in closets
All Furniture is moveable
Internet access
Air conditioning/heating
Microwaves are not permitted in the rooms. Mini-fridges are allowed.

Included in the Building

Vending machines
24-hour Kitchen
Furnished lobby
Laundry facilities

 Frequently Asked Questions

Have you looked in the Student Handbook?

Student Handbook


Can you bunk beds? Yes, but you must ask the RC of State Hall for permission first.
Can you use bed risers? Yes, you may use bed risers. The highest permissible bed risers are 4 inches. UCA does not provide bed risers, but they are easily purchasable at many major retailers (Walmart, Amazon, Target, etc.)

Kitchen and Appliances

Can each resident have their own mini fridge? Yes! It is a maximum of 3.8 cubic feet, and no more than 1.5 amps of electricity per each mini fridge.
Can my student have a rice cooker, air fryer, toaster, crockpot, and other kitchen appliances? Yes, but can only be used in the kitchen area. Not in their room!
Does the community kitchen have pots and pans available for use? No. Students are responsible to bring their own cooking utensils.
Can I have a coffee maker in my room? You can, but it can not have an open burner/heating element.

Internet and Technology

Can my student have a printer in their room? Students can have a printer in their room, however they can not use the wireless printing function on it, so they will need to plug their laptop into it when they need to print. Students will also have access to printers in the campus library and free printing in the SGA office.
Am I allowed to bring my own router for internet? No. No external internet sources are allowed in on campus housing.


Can we have wallpaper in our room? Posters, pictures, or other decorative items cannot cover more than 50% of the wall surface in your room/apartment for fire safety. 
Can we drill holes in the wall? No, you cannot drill holes in the wall, however, you can use command strips and sticky tack to secure items on the walls. 
Can my student have the wax warmers? Yes, they can. 

What to Bring to UCA! Move-In Day Information

More Information

Should you have any additional questions concerning State Hall, please contact the Department of Housing and Residence Life at (501) 450-3132, or stop by our office in Bernard hall Suite 201. Our normal operating hours are 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday.

State Hall Room Information


State Hall Room Dimensions


State Hall Floor Plans