Living & Learning for Service, Leadership and Global Engagement
“Whose Hall? Hughes Hall!” This is the cheer of EDGE@Hughes, the best residential college according to its students.
EDGE Residential College in Hughes Hall is a living & learning community focused on the themes of active global learning, civic engagement & service-learning, and meaningful study abroad. This is the place where you can make a difference!
The purpose of EDGE@Hughes is to develop a community for students and faculty with a shared interest in liberal arts, global education, leadership, and making the world (and our local communities) better. If you are interested in a liberal arts major or minor, are interested in majoring in business, are an international student, or are still exploring your major EDGE Residential College in Hughes Hall is for you! Recently, Forbes calls a liberal arts degree “Tech’s Hottest Ticket” (29 July 2015). Why? Because companies are discovering that “liberal arts thinking makes them stronger.”
EDGE@Hughes offers you distinct learning opportunities:
- An opportunity to join the Hughes Leadership Institute (HLI)
- Opportunities for study abroad funding
- Connections with our international student community
- Battle Chess! Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9AFttzrHI
- An annual Buffalo River float trip
- Participation in our Cultural Crossroads program
- Service through the UCA Core classes held in EDGE@Hughes