The Center of Community and Economic Development is currently working to support Arkansas communities through a variety of projects:
» Researching and promoting successful community and economic development practices.
» Providing training and technical assistance to Arkansas community leaders .
- Working to provide website redesign, training, and retail analysis to Mulberry, AR
- Partnering with University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service and Arkansas State University Delta Center for Economic Development to provide free webinar series “Strategies for Recruiting Alumni, Newcomers & Young Families.” Event is being held at UCA’s Brewer Hegeman Conference Center:
October 23, Room 111, 11:00-1:30 p.m.November 13, Room 111, 11:00-1:30 p.m.
» Developing and implementing training sessions for non-profits:
- Currently working with Arkansas Nonprofit Alliance to develop a nonprofit board training seminar.
» Creating opportunities for students to work on real world community development projects
- Cross collaboration with other UCA departments to directly connect with students
- Partnership with the EPIC Residential College at UCA
- Collaboration with UCA’s Center for Leadership Development to develop another leadership program on campus focusing on a variety of leadership skills development topics to inform students about the common issues facing rural Arkansas and challenge students to use their leadership skills to address these problems
- CCED has worked with faculty on campus to sponsor a research competition where students will develop presentations related to poverty, community development, economic development, and education in rural Arkansas communities
- CCED has a student intern to assist with grant work where the student receives excellent experiential learning
- CCED has also worked with a non-traditional graduate student to assist with projects in Prairie County