The Center of Community and Economic Development is currently working to support Arkansas communities through a variety of projects:
» Researching and promoting successful community and economic development practices.
» Providing training and technical assistance to Arkansas community leaders .
- Working with UA Cooperative Extension to continue CDI Advanced Year Kick Start Program in Paris, AR
- Partnering with the UCA College of Business to provide an entrepreneurial assistance series, Talks & Boards
- Hosting a Community Deliberation Pre-recorded Webinar (available September 8, 2014) and an
- Hosting an in-depth workshop on Community Deliberation on November 12, 2014. More info here.
» Developing and implementing training sessions for non-profits:
- Assisting with Outreach and Community Engagement’s Non Profit Survival Series. This series is geared to meet the needs of nonprofits by hosting a series of workshops each specifically designed to address a particular challenge facing nonprofits. More info here.
» Creating opportunities for students to work on real world community development projects
- Cross collaboration with other UCA departments to directly connect with students
- Partnership with the EPIC Residential College at UCA
- Collaboration with UCA’s Center for Leadership Development to develop another leadership program on campus focusing on a variety of leadership skills development topics to inform students about the common issues facing rural Arkansas and challenge students to use their leadership skills to address these problems
- CCED has worked with faculty on campus to sponsor a research competition where students will develop presentations related to poverty, community development, economic development, and education in rural Arkansas communities
- CCED has a student intern to assist with grant work where the student receives excellent experiential learning