UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS
COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS AND COMMUNICATION
May 13, 2014
PRESS CONTACT: Amanda Horton, (501) 450-3682; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Love, (501) 852-7889; email@example.com
UCA PUBLIC APPEARANCES TO CELEBRATE
15TH ANNIVERSARY SEASON
CONWAY — UCA Public Appearances will celebrate its 15th season in the Donald W. Reynolds Performance Hall at the University of Central Arkansas with a slate of 18 events.
In honor of the anniversary, a Best of Reynolds series, including three favorites from the previous 14 seasons, has been added to the lineup. That series will include Straight No Chaser on Oct. 29; An Evening with Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood on Nov. 15; and An Evening with Ricky Skaggs on Jan. 24.
“This season offers our students and community members some amazing entertainment options at Reynolds Performance Hall,” said Amanda Horton, director of UCA Public Appearances. “Each series features legendary artists along with some cutting edge performances from the worlds of music, dance and theatre. We are also excited about celebrating our 15th Anniversary Season by bringing back some crowd favorite events. This is going to be a wonderful year of spectacular performances that celebrate where we have been with our Best of Reynolds Series and offer new audience experiences through acts like Blue Man Group and Sister Act. ”
As usual, the season will also include Broadway, Pops and Night Out Series and two lectures.
The season includes:
• Sister Act, Oct. 23, 7:30 p.m., presented by B98.5 FM
• A Christmas Carol, Dec. 7, 3 p.m., presented by KARN 102.9 FM
• 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Jan. 16, 7:30 p.m., presented by KARN 102.9 FM
• The Great Gatsby, Feb. 24, 7:30 p.m., presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• Steve Azar & Deana Carter, Sept. 25, 7:30 p.m., presented by Y107
• Ballroom with a Twist, Nov. 22, 7:30 p.m., presented by Women’s Inc. Magazine
• An Evening with Randy Newman & the Conway Symphony Orchestra, Jan. 20, 7:30 p.m., presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• The Texas Tenors, April 18, 7:30 p.m., presented by Conway Printing Company
Night Out Series
• Blue Man Group, Nov. 3, 7:30 p.m., presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• Cirque Mechanics presents Pedal Punk, Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m., presented by Alice 107.7 FM
• The Harlem Gospel Choir, Feb. 19, 7:30 p.m., presented by Power 92 FM
• Women of Ireland, March 3, 7:30 p.m.,
• Common, Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m., presented by Power 92 FM
• Jessica Fellowes, Feb. 5, 7:30 p.m., presented by Arkansas Times
Special Family Show
• The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, Oct. 5, 3 p.m, presented by B98.5
Best of Reynolds – 15th Anniversary Celebration
• Straight No Chaser, Oct. 29, 7:30 p.m., presented by 501 Life Magazine
• An Evening with Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood, Nov. 15, 7:30 p.m., presented by 501 Life Magazine
• An Evening with Ricky Skaggs, Jan. 24, 7:30 p.m., presented by 501 Life Magazine
“The excitement surrounding our 15th season in Reynolds has propelled us to have a remarkable schedule of events,” said Ashley Love, director of finance and marketing for UCA Public Appearances. “And with the addition of Best of Reynolds, it’s going to be a very entertaining, packed season.”
Subscription renewals for current season ticket holders will begin May 13. Subscriptions will go on sale to the general public July 7. Single tickets will go on sale to the general public Aug. 11. Patrons who have purchased a series subscription may purchase individual tickets during subscriber courtesy week Aug. 4-8.
This year patrons may once again subscribe to their choice of the Night Out Series, Broadway Series or Pops Series. They may also subscribe to the Performing Arts Package, which combines all 12 events in the Night Out, Broadway and Pops series. A new Pick-6 option allows anyone who donates at the Star Player level ($100+) and above to create their own six-event season ticket, picking any six events from the Broadway, Pops, Night Out series and Best of Reynolds.
“The 15th anniversary season continues outstanding performances and talent. With this lineup and the excellent work of Amanda Horton and her staff, Reynolds Performance Hall continues its tradition of bringing the best performances to the University of Central Arkansas and Central Arkansas,” said President Tom Courtway.
To purchase a subscription package, call (501) 450-3265 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, beginning July 7. Individual tickets may be purchased online at www.uca.edu/reynolds or by calling (501) 450-3265 beginning Aug. 11.
For more information, contact Horton at (501) 450-3682 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Love at (501) 852-7889; email@example.com or visit www.uca.edu/reynolds. Details about all the upcoming performances as well as information about Reynolds Performance Hall may be found there.