Always check the Educational Testing Services (ETS) website for the most current information on required Praxis exams. For specific Arkansas Praxis testing requirements and minimum scores, click here.
- Includes the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators exams in reading, writing, and mathematics – http://www.ets.org/praxis/ar/requirements
- Submit passing Praxis Core scores (Reading 156, Writing 162, Math 150) by the end of the first semester. (NOTE: GRE scores may substitute for Praxis I.)
- You will not be permitted to register for additional semesters without submitting passing Praxis I scores.
Praxis II content exam(s)
- Depending on your intended area of licensure, this requirement may include up to 3 separate tests
- Submit passing scores prior to applying for provisional license or prior to internship, whichever comes FIRST
- Always check the Arkansas requirements in the Praxis website for the most up to date test information
Praxis II pedagogy exam
- MAT teacher candidates must take the Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) for your grade band (if your area of licensure is World Languages, then you take a separate pedagogy test instead of the PLT).
- The options are PLT: Early Childhood, PLT: Grades 5-9, or PLT: Grades 7-12.
- Take the pedagogy (or PLT) exam no later than the first time it is offered in the internship semester (preferably January)
- Praxis Support at UCA
- MAT students can purchase “Criterion” software for approximately $15.00 from the bookstore for help with the writing section of the Praxis.
- Students can also go to UCA’s Writing Center to use the North Star software for developmental tutorials in mathematics, writing, and reading.
- Use the Praxis “Test At A Glance” tool for each required test or use the Praxis preparation materials
- Read the Praxis website for strategy and tips for test takers and for information on how to develop a study plan
- The Praxis website also offers test preparation webinars
- Support Services: Office of Candidate Services