Applicants for the graduate program should have
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00, or at least a 3.00 in the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study
- A minimum of 12 undergraduate history hours (with a minimum 3.0 GPA for those courses)
To apply, one should submit
1. The common UCA graduate application, available at this link: http://uca.edu/graduateschool/admission-process/
2. GRE scores. Scores of 153 verbal (500 in the scoring system used prior to fall 2011) and 4.0 in analytical writing are recommended.
3. A 2-3 page formal statement of purpose that explains why the applicant is pursuing a master's degree, identifies the applicant's particular historical interests (i.e., the historical problems or issues that most interests the applicant), and suggests why the applicant is interested in the History MA program at UCA.
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. CV (academic resume)
6. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to the UCA Graduate School or delivered in an unopened envelope sealed by the institution. Electronic copies are welcome.
Send all items to
UCA Graduate School
201 Donaghey Avenue
Torreyson West 328
Conway AR 72035
Phone: (501) 450-3124
Fax: (501) 450-5678
A candidate who is deficient in one or more of the regular requirements may be admitted conditionally. Under conditional admission, a student must complete the first 9 hours of the program with a B or better to achieve regular status. Conditionally admitted students are not eligible for most forms of financial aid.
For more information about the MA program please contact:
Dr. Rosenow - Contact Info