Fees and Student Financial Aid

[1] General Information

The university is supported chiefly by state appropriations and student fees. The goal of the university is to offer the best possible educational opportunities and services at the lowest possible costs. It is the responsibility of a registered student to comply with the University’s withdrawal policy if they do not plan to attend. Collection fees for outstanding debts owed to the university may be assessed to the student. The university reserves the right to amend or add to the regulations of the institution, including those concerning fees and methods of payment, and to make such changes applicable to students enrolled in the university, as well as to new students.

[2] General Registration and Other Mandatory Fees

General registration and other mandatory fees are based on the number of hours in which a student is enrolled. Current fee schedules, payment due dates, payment options, and other valuable information can be obtained in the Student Accounts Office, Bernard Hall, Suite 110, or from the Student Accounts web site.

[3] Financial Adjustments for Schedule Changes and Withdrawals

Rules governing financial adjustments for schedule changes and withdrawals can be obtained in the Student Accounts office, Bernard Hall, Suite 110, or from the Student Accounts web site.
It is the responsibility of a registered student to officially withdraw if the student plans not to attend or leaves the university during a term. Undergraduate students begin the official withdraw at the Academic Advising Center; however, arrangements must be made with several other offices to avoid financial penalties. Other offices include, but are not limited to, the Registrar’s Office, the Library, Housing, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts.

[4] Student Financial Aid

Financial aid is available to assist students to pay their educational expenses. Aid may be in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, employment opportunities, or a combination of all of these and funding is available from the institution, state, federal government and private entities. Detailed information regarding specific aid programs, eligibility criteria and application processes are available on the UCA Student Financial Aid website at uca.edu/financialaid/. Staff are available to assist students in Harrin Hall, Suite 200 or may be contacted by email, phone or a virtual appointment.

[5] Veteran and Current Service Member Benefits

Financial aid is available through the various veterans’ and currently serving military member programs. The Post 9/11 Chapter 33 and 1606 for Active Duty and the Guard/Reserve, the Children of Disabled Veterans Chapter 35, VA Vocational Rehab Chapter 31, Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), National Guard Tuition Waiver (NGTW), and Work Study are some of the programs that aid those who qualify. The UCA Veterans Office coordinates with the VA, Department of Defense, and various branches of the service in order to access benefits for the military connected student and certify their enrollment. The Veteran Resource Center is currently located in Harrin Hall, room 223 A/B. Contact information is 501-852-2999 or veteranservices@uca.edu. The Veterans Resource Center web page can be found at https://uca.edu/veteranservices/.