1. What are the cost of services?

Our fees are very affordable. If you would like to see our fee schedule, please contact Amanda Rehm at 501.450.3176.

2. Will my insurance or Medicaid/AR Kids pay for therapy and evaluations?

Currently we are not billing Medicaid.

3. Do I need a referral?

A referral is only necessary for Medicare eligible patients at this time.

4. How do I make an appointment for an evaluation or for therapy?

Please contact Amanda Rehm at 501-450-3176.

5. Who provides therapy at the UCA SLHC?

Speech therapy and evaluation services are provided by graduate students in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders under the supervision of our clinical faculty. Clinical faculty at the UCA SLHC are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association in speech language pathology or audiology and are licensed by the state of Arkansas.

6. Can I watch my child’s therapy session?

You are welcome to watch your child’s therapy session. Most of our therapy rooms have an observation deck attached, which allows you to watch and listen through a one-way mirror without your child knowing you are there.

7. Who do I call if I’m going to be late or absent?

If you are going to be late or absent for an evaluation, please contact Amanda Rehm at 501-450-3176. If you are going to be late or absent for a therapy session, please contact your assigned clinician. You and your clinician should exchange contact information during the first session. If you are not able to contact your clinician you may contact Amanda Rehm at 501-450-3176.

8. Where is the UCA Speech-Language-Hearing Center located?

Our building is located on the UCA Campus at 2200 Bruce Street, in the Integrated Health Sciences Building.  Entrance to clinic is on the back (north) side of the building.  Clients will enter through the double-doors under the drive-through area titled “Interprofessional Teaching Center.”

9. Where do I park while I am at the clinic?

Client parking is available on the back (north) side of the building. Clients will be given parking passes each semester to park in the purple lined spaces.