This page includes links to local resources and to a number of other Internet sites providing information about academic integrity and related matters. Sites owned by organizations not affiliated with UCA are of course outside the control of the University of Central Arkansas. UCA takes no responsibility for what is presented on the third-party sites referenced here, and the policies, opinions, advice, and definitions included on these sites cannot be construed as controlling in any way the University of Central Arkansas' policies, definitions, or processes. Nonetheless, a student may find it helpful to see how others treat the issues addressed in UCA's Academic Integrity Policy.
More links may be added as we become aware of them. If you know of other helpful web sites related to academic integrity, please email a link to Academic Integrity Email. We appreciate your help in populating this page.
General Information Links
- Everything You Need to Know About Plagiarism – Dr. Wendy Lucas, Department of History, University of Central Arkansas
- Plagiarism Explained
- Plagiarism Handout – The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel HillA useful handout on plagiarism, why instructors are so concerned about it, and how to avoid it
Academic Integrity Policy Sites - Higher Education
- UCLA Student Guide to Academic Integrity Useful information, some of it specific to the UCLA campus, but much of it generally useful, including Forms of Academic Dishonesty, Promoting Academic Integrity: Proactive Strategies, and Helpful Resources
- USC Academic Integrity Includes a helpful tutorial, designed for USC students, but informative nonetheless
- USC Graduate Integrity Guide A graduate-student-specific guide to academic integrity
- Northwestern University - Undergraduate Academic Conduct Committee Eight Cardinal Rules of Academic Integrity
- Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism Academic Integrity Policy
- West Virginia University, Office of Academic Integrity A policy that applies to all – "faculty, students, staff, or guests"