In an effort to relay information to students, faculty and staff in an event of an emergency, UCA utilizes the following methods to deliver emergency notification and information:
- UCAAlert Mass Notification System
The UCAAlert System is used to send emergency notifications to the campus community via text message, voice message and e-mail. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to provide their contact information through myUCA.
- UCA Website
Information will be posted and updated as needed on uca.edu during an emergency.
- Safe@UCA Info Line
The University of Central Arkansas Police Department has established a 24-hour emergency information hotline. Call the Safe@UCA Info Line at (501) 852-INFO (4636) to hear a recorded message about the status of the University and any current alert or safety information. During emergency situations or closures the message will be updated periodically.
- Safe@UCA E-mail Listserv
Parents, visitors, neighbors, or students who may not check their official UCA email accounts often may subscribe to the Safe@UCA email listserv with their personal email address via the UCA PD Web site.
- UCAAlert Outdoor Warning System
This is an outdoor tone alert/public address system designed to alert persons outside of campus buildings of an emergency situation on campus.
- Inclement Weather Policy
Important Phone Numbers
- Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
- UCA Police Department – (501) 450-3111
- Safe@UCA INFO Line – (501) 852-INFO (4636)
- UCA Student Health Clinic – (501) 450-3136
- For medical emergencies call UCA Police Department at 450-3111 or dial 911.
- UCA Counseling Center – (501) 450-3138
- Call the UCA Police Department at (501) 450-3111 after-hours and weekends.