UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS
COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS AND COMMUNICATION
May 9, 2012
CONTACT: Jerry Biebesheimer, (501) 450-3682; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Love, (501) 852-7889; email@example.com
UCA PUBLIC APPEARANCES ANNOUNCES 2012-13 SEASON
CONWAY — Fifteen performances are scheduled for the 2012-13 UCA Public Appearances season at the University of Central Arkansas.
The season has been tweaked a bit and is divided into three series (Broadway, Pops and A Night Out at Reynolds) and two Distinguished Lectures.
“Our biggest departure from last year’s format is changing the Nostalgia Series into our new Pops Series,” said Jerry Biebesheimer, director of UCA Public Appearances. “This allows us to bring a broad range of artists, and we hope to reach a wider cross-section of both campus and community.”
All performances will be in the Donald W. Reynolds Performance Hall.
The season includes:
• Tim Gunn, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Sept. 24, 7:30 p.m.;
• American Legacies: Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Del McCoury Band, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, Sept. 30, 3 p.m.;
• The Capitol Steps, Broadway Series, Oct. 8, 7:30 p.m.;
• Rufus Wainwright, Pops Series, Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m.;
• Gary Puckett and the Union Gap — Homecoming Concert, Pops Series, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m.;
• Shrek The Musical, Broadway Series, Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m.;
• Straight No Chaser, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, Nov. 11, 3 p.m.;
• Celtic Crossroads in A Celtic Christmas, Pops Series, Dec. 9, 3 p.m.;
• A Chorus Line, Broadway Series, Jan. 25, 7:30 p.m.;
• Drumline Live, Broadway Series, Feb. 2, 7:30 p.m.;
• Herman Edwards, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Feb. 12, 7:30 p.m.;
• The American Boychoir, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, March 1, 7:30 p.m.;
• Temptation of the Muses: The Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company and The Ahn Trio, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, March 7, 7:30 p.m.;
• Amy Grant, Pops Series, April 2, 7:30 p.m.;
• The 5 Browns, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, April 15, 7:30 p.m.
“Not only is our next season the biggest performing arts series in Central Arkansas, it’s also the biggest series for any college or university in the state,” said Ashley Love, director of finance and patron services for Public Appearances.
Subscription renewals for current season ticket holders will begin May 14. Subscriptions will go on sale to the general public July 9. Single tickets will go on sale to the general public Aug. 13. Patrons who have purchased a series subscription may purchase individual tickets during subscriber courtesy week, Aug. 6-10.
This year patrons may once again subscribe to their choice of the Night Out Series, the Broadway Series or the Pops Series. They may also subscribe to the Performing Arts Package, which combines all 13 events in the Night Out, Broadway and Pops series.
To purchase a subscription package, call (501) 450-3265 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, beginning July 9. Individual tickets may be purchased online at www.uca.edu/reynolds or by calling (501) 450-3265 beginning Aug. 13.
For more information, contact Biebesheimer at (501) 450-3682 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Love at (501) 852-7889; email@example.com, or visit www.uca.edu/reynolds. Details about all the upcoming performances as well as information about Reynolds Performance Hall may be found there.