General IFC Recruitment Information
IFC encourages year-round recruitment with an additional structured "recruitment week" each fall and spring semester. Once a student has achieved the minimum university eligibility requirements, they are able to join a fraternity. Bids may be issued and accepted by registered, eligible individuals in accordance with University and IFC policies during fall and spring semesters.
Below are a list of recruitment dates for the upcoming semesters. Recruitment is a 365/24/7 process, so events may be
held outside of these periods at the discretion of the organization. During the specified recruitment periods listed below, each organization will only hold the event(s) listed. For information on additional events outside of the informal/formal recruitment week, please contact the organization of interest.
Fall 2014 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule
IFC/IGC Fraternity Rotations Tailgate - Sunday, September 14, 2014 *(ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED)*
2:15 PM: Individuals interested in joining a fraternity should report to Ida Waldran Auditorium (Old Main Hall) for an informational session. This is required for all me looking to join a fraternity during the fall 2014 semester.
2:30 PM: Rotation Tailgate on the McAlister Hall front lawn.
September 2014 Individual IFC/IGC Chapter Fraternity Recruitment Events
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) - Bonfire at The Grove (2730 Dave Ward Dr, Conway, AR 72034), 8-11 PM
Sunday, September 14, 2014
IFC/IGC Fraternity Rotations Tailgate - See Details Above
Monday, September 15, 2014
Alpha Sigma Phi (Alph Sig) - Dodgeball, Indoor Recreation Center (Old Pepsi Center), 7-10 PM
Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) - Video Game Night, Elizabeth Street House, 7-11 PM
Phi Sigma Kappa (Phi Sig) - Phi Sig Phish Phry, Phi Sig House (418 Western), 6:30-11 PM
Sigma Nu (Sig Nu) - Poker Night/Meet the Brothers, Sigma Nu House (411 Western), 6:00 PM
Sigma Phi Epsilon (Sig Ep) - Grill and Chill, Sig Ep House (334 Donaghey Ave), 6:30-11:59 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Alpha Sigma Phi (Alph Sig) - Freedom Fest, McAlister Lawn, 5-8 PM
Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) - Open Chapter, UCA Hall of Fame Room (Football Stadium), 6-8 PM
Kappa Sigma (Kappa Sig) - Exclusive Night, Kings Live Music (1020 Front St #102, Conway, AR 72032), 7-9 PM
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) - Graduate Brother Dinner, Umami Sushi & Grill (500 Amity Rd #1, Conway, AR 72032), 7-9 PM
Phi Sigma Kappa (Phi Sig) - "Suns Out, Guns Out," Phi Sig House (418 Western), 7-11:59 PM
Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) - Centennial Valley Dinner, Centennial Country Club (1600 Centennial Club Dr., Conway), 6:30-9 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Alpha Sigma Phi (Alph Sig) - Bowling Night, Conway Family Bowl (1010 E Oak St, Conway, AR 72032), 8-11 PM
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) - Quartermania, Conway Family Bowl (1010 E Oak St, Conway, AR 72032), 8:45-11:55 PM
Phi Sigma Kappa (Phi Sig) - Grill and Chill, Phi Sig House (418 Western), 6:30-11:59 PM
Sigma Nu (Sig Nu) - Car Bash, Sigma Nu House (411 Western), 5:30 PM
Sigma Phi Epsilon (Sig Ep) - "Funny Money," Sig Ep House (334 Donaghey Ave), 7-11:59 PM
Sigma Tau Gamma (Sig Tau) - Exclusive Night Fish Fry (Business Casual Attire), Sig Tau House (440 Western), 5:30-7 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) - Cookout, Elizabeth Street House, 6-9 PM
Kappa Sigma (Kappa Sig) - Preference Night (Invite Only), Hall of Fame Room (Football Stadium), 6:30-9 PM
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) - Preference Dinner, Due Amiche (1600 Dave Ward Dr, Conway, AR 72034), 6:30-8:30 PM
Phi Sigma Kappa (Phi Sig) - "Bro Down, Throw Down," Phi Sig House (418 Western), 6:30-11 PM
Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) - Interviews, Pike House (439 Western), 7-10 PM
Sigma Nu (Sig Nu) - Formal Dinner, Buffalo Alumni Hall, 6:30 PM
Sigma Phi Epsilon (Sig Ep) - Exclusive Night Dinner, Sig Ep House (334 Donaghey Ave), 7-9:30 PM
Sigma Tau Gamma (Sig Tau) - Open Night/Interviews, Sig Tau House (440 Western), 7-11:59 PM
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance - Friday, September 19, 2014
3:15 PM: Individuals interested in picking up a bid must report to Ida Waldran Auditorium (Old Main Hall).
4:00 PM: Bid Acceptance Ceremony on the Old Main front steps.
Please direct questions about IFC recruitment to Scott Jackson, IFC VP of Recruitment, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct questions about IGC fraternity recruitment to Spencer Hulse, BYX Recruitment Director, at email@example.com.
1. To participate in recruitment, recruits must be enrolled in the University of Central Arkansas enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours).
2. Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.5 higschool GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.5 college GPA.
3. Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
4. All recruitment events must end by 12:00 A.M. (midnight).
5. All recruitment events and activities must be free of alcohol.
6. All recruitment events are to be free of participation by women.
7. Recruits must not currently be or ever have been an initiated member of any National International Conference (NIC) fraternity.
8. Fraternities may not promise a bid to a recruit at any time.
9. Recruitment events are subject to the same approval process through the Dean of Students office as all other registered
10. In order to receive a bid on Bid Day a recruit must have turned in the proper paperwork (recruitment registration form) into Office of Student Life at least 24 hours before the start of Bid Day activities. Organizations cannot vote on recruits unless they are listed on the Final Eligible List, which will be available by 10 A.M. on the final day of the informal/formal recruitment period.
11. Open Bids – any recruits signed up after 12 A.M. (midnight) on the final night of the informal/formal recruitment period will be eligible to receive bids on or after Wednesday the following week. Time will be set aside on Wednesday from 2:00 – 4:00 P.M. to pick up bids in the Office of Student Life. After that it will be the recruit’s responsibility to schedule an appointment to pick up an open bid.
Bid Extension Guidelines
During the fall semesters, bids can be extended and accepted by registered, eligible individuals starting on the predetermined bid acceptance date through the day before Dead Day. During the spring semesters, bids may be extended to and accepted registered, eligible individuals on the first day of classes through the day before Dead Day. Bids may not be extended and/or accepted during University break periods (summer, fall, winter, and spring). All bids extended and/or accepted must be first cleared through the Office of Student Life with the completion of proper registration.
Greek Life Orientation Session Guidelines
Only registered, eligible students that have completed a Greek Life Orientation session we be allowed to accept bids to join a fraternity at any time of the year. Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed prior to accepting a bid and students will not be allowed to accept a bid and complete a session at a later date. Additionally, Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed in the same academic year as a bid is accepted. Attendance at a Greek Life Session during a previous academic year does not waive the need for attendance during a later academic year's session. No exceptions will be granted with these guidelines.
Fall 2014 Greek Life Orientation Dates, Times, and Locations
- August 19, 10:00 AM, Ida Waldran Auditorium
- August 21, X-Period, College of Business (COB) Auditorium
- August 24, 8:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- August 26, 4:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- September 4, X-Period, College of Business (COB) Auditorium
- September 10, 7:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- September 18, X-Period, 214 Student Center
(X-Period is from 1:40-2:30pm)