General IFC Recruitment Information
IFC encourages year-round recruitment with an additional structured "recruitment week" each fall and spring semester. Once a student has achieved the minimum university eligibility requirements, they are able to join a fraternity. Bids may be issued and accepted by registered, eligible individuals in accordance with University and IFC policies during fall and spring semesters.
Below are a list of recruitment dates for the upcoming semesters. Recruitment is a 365/24/7 process, so events may be
held outside of these periods at the discretion of the organization. During the specified recruitment periods listed below, each organization will only hold the event(s) listed. For information on additional events outside of the informal/formal recruitment week, please contact the organization of interest.
Fall 2015 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule
September 13-18, 2015 - Recruitment Week
Fraternity Daze, 12:00 p.m., Ida Waldran Auditorium, Sunday, September 13th
Come out and meet each of our fraternities and learn about IFC/IGC Fraternity community here at UCA.
Fall 2015 Individual IFC/IGC Chapter Fraternity Recruitment Events
Monday, September 14th
- 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.---Sigma Tau Gamma
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.---Phi Lambda Chi
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.---Phi Gamma Delta
- 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.---Alpha Sigma Phi
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.---Kappa Sigma
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.---Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.---Phi Sigma Kappa
Tuesday, September 15th
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.---Pi Kappa Alpha
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.---Beta Upsilon Chi
- 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.---Sigma Nu
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.---Sigma Tau Gamma
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.---Alpha Sigma Phi
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.---Phi Gamma Delta
Wednesday, September 16th
- 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.---Phi Sigma Kappa
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.---Kappa Sigma
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.---Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.---Beta Upsilon Chi
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.---Phi Lambda Chi
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.---Pi Kappa Alpha
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.---Sigma Nu
Thursday, September 17th
- 4:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.--- Fraternities will be host various events throughout the day, check back for more details
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance - Friday, September 18th, 2015
12:00-3:30 PM: Individuals interested in picking up bid can report to the Student Life Office (Student Center room 207).
3:30 PM: Individuals interested in participating in the Bid Day Ceremony must report to Student Center (SC) room 215.
4:00 PM: Bid Acceptance Ceremony on the Old Main front steps.
Spring 2015 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule
January 24-29- Recruitment Week
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance - Friday, January 29th, 2016
Please direct questions about IFC recruitment to Jarod Wickliffe, IFC VP of Recruitment, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct questions about IGC fraternity recruitment to Spencer Hulse, BYX Recruitment Director, at email@example.com.
1. To participate in recruitment, recruits must be enrolled in the University of Central Arkansas enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours).
2. Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.75 higschool GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.75 college GPA.
3. Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
4. All recruitment events must end by 12:00 A.M. (midnight).
5. All recruitment events and activities must be free of alcohol.
6. All recruitment events are to be free of participation by women.
7. Recruits must not currently be or ever have been an initiated member of any National International Conference (NIC) fraternity.
8. Fraternities may not promise a bid to a recruit at any time.
9. Recruitment events are subject to the same approval process through the Dean of Students office as all other registered
10. In order to receive a bid on Bid Day a recruit must have turned in the proper paperwork (recruitment registration form) into Office of Student Life at least 24 hours before the start of Bid Day activities. Organizations cannot vote on recruits unless they are listed on the Final Eligible List, which will be available by 10 A.M. on the final day of the informal/formal recruitment period.
11. Open Bids – any recruits signed up after 12 A.M. (midnight) on the final night of the informal/formal recruitment period will be eligible to receive bids on or after Wednesday the following week. Time will be set aside on Wednesday from 2:00 – 4:00 P.M. to pick up bids in the Office of Student Life. After that it will be the recruit’s responsibility to schedule an appointment to pick up an open bid.
Bid Extension Guidelines
During the fall semesters, bids can be extended and accepted by registered, eligible individuals starting on the predetermined bid acceptance date through the day before Dead Day. During the spring semesters, bids may be extended to and accepted registered, eligible individuals on the first day of classes through the day before Dead Day. Bids may not be extended and/or accepted during University break periods (summer, fall, winter, and spring). All bids extended and/or accepted must be first cleared through the Office of Student Life with the completion of proper registration.
Greek Life Orientation Session Guidelines
Only registered, eligible students that have completed a Greek Life Orientation session we be allowed to accept bids to join a fraternity at any time of the year. Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed prior to accepting a bid and students will not be allowed to accept a bid and complete a session at a later date. Additionally, Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed in the same academic year as a bid is accepted. Attendance at a Greek Life Session during a previous academic year does not waive the need for attendance during a later academic year's session. No exceptions will be granted with these guidelines.
Fall 2015 Greek Life Orientation Dates, Times, and Locations
- Spring 2016 Sessions::
- Thursday, January 7th – x-period, Student Center 213
- Tuesday, January 12th – 4pm, Student Center 214
- Wednesday, January 20th, 6pm, Student Center 215
- Thursday, January 21st, x-period, Student Center 213
- Thursday, January 28th, x-period, College of Business 100
(X-Period is from 1:40-2:30pm)
After January 28, 2016, contact the Student Life Office to schedule a one-on-one Greek 101 session at 501-450-3137.