General IFC Recruitment Information
IFC encourages year-round recruitment with an additional structured “recruitment week” each fall and spring semester. Once a student has achieved the minimum university eligibility requirements, they are able to join a fraternity. Bids may be issued and accepted by registered, eligible individuals in accordance with University and IFC policies during fall and spring semesters.
Below are a list of recruitment dates for the upcoming semesters. Recruitment is a 365/24/7 process, so events may be held outside of these periods at the discretion of the organization. During the specified recruitment periods listed below, each organization will only hold the event(s) listed. For information on additional events outside of the informal/formal recruitment week, please contact the organization of interest.
Fall 2016 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule: September 18-23, 2016
Thursday September 8th, X-Period, College of Business Auditorium
IFC Open House
- The Interfraternity Council will be presenting on what to expect over the week of recruitment, as well as having representatives from all chapters present.
Sunday, September 18th, 1:00pm, Ida Waldron Auditorium
- Come out and meet each of our chapters and learn about the IFC/IGC Fraternity Community here at UCA. There will be food and Diamond Bear Root Beer Floats for you to enjoy! Please plan on staying until at least 3:00pm.
Fall 2016 Individual IFC/IGC Chapter Recruitment Events
- During the week, each of our chapters have various time slots to host events. They are set up for you to attend all of them if you would like or to attend the ones you want to. To see the detailed schedule of locations please click here.
Monday, September 19th
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.—Pi Kappa Alpha
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.—Phi Gamma Delta
- 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.—Sigma Tau Gamma
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.—Phi Sigma Kappa
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.—Beta Upsilon Chi
Tuesday, September 20th
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.—Beta Upsilon Chi
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.—Phi Sigma Kappa
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.—Sigma Nu
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.—Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.—Kappa Sigma
Wednesday, September 21st
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.—Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.—Sigma Nu
- 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.—Kappa Sigma
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.—Phi Gamma Delta
- 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.—Sigma Tau Gamma
- 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.—Pi Kappa Alpha
Thursday, September 22nd
- 4:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.— Fraternities will be hosting various events throughout the day, check back for more details
Friday, September 23rd
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance
12:00-2:30 PM: Individuals interested in picking up bid can report to the Student Life Office (Student Center room 207).
2:30 PM: Individuals interested in participating in the Bid Day Ceremony must report to the Student Center Ballroom.
4:00 PM: Bid Acceptance Ceremony on the Old Main front steps.
Spring 2015 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule
January 24-29- Recruitment Week
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance – Friday, January 29th, 2016
Please direct questions about IFC recruitment to Collin Condit, IFC VP of Recruitment, at
1. To participate in recruitment, recruits must be enrolled in the University of Central Arkansas enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours).
2. Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.75 higschool GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.75 college GPA.
3. Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
4. All recruitment events must end by 12:00 A.M. (midnight).
5. All recruitment events and activities must be free of alcohol.
6. All recruitment events are to be free of participation by women.
7. Recruits must not currently be or ever have been an initiated member of any National International Conference (NIC) fraternity.
8. Fraternities may not promise a bid to a recruit at any time.
9. Recruitment events are subject to the same approval process through the Dean of Students office as all other registered
10. In order to receive a bid on Bid Day a recruit must have turned in the proper paperwork (recruitment registration form) into Office of Student Life at least 24 hours before the start of Bid Day activities. Organizations cannot vote on recruits unless they are listed on the Final Eligible List, which will be available by 10 A.M. on the final day of the informal/formal recruitment period.
11. Open Bids – any recruits signed up after 12 A.M. (midnight) on the final night of the informal/formal recruitment period will be eligible to receive bids on or after Wednesday the following week. Time will be set aside on Wednesday from 2:00 – 4:00 P.M. to pick up bids in the Office of Student Life. After that it will be the recruit’s responsibility to schedule an appointment to pick up an open bid.
Bid Extension Guidelines
During the fall semesters, bids can be extended and accepted by registered, eligible individuals starting on the predetermined bid acceptance date through the day before Dead Day. First time freshmen students cannot receive a bid until the formal recruitment week. During the spring semesters, bids may be extended to and accepted registered, eligible individuals on the first day of classes through the day before Dead Day. Bids may not be extended and/or accepted during University break periods (summer, fall, winter, and spring). All bids extended and/or accepted must be first cleared through the Office of Student Life with the completion of proper registration.
Greek Life Orientation Session Guidelines
Only registered, eligible students that have completed a Greek Life Orientation session we be allowed to accept bids to join a fraternity at any time of the year. Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed prior to accepting a bid and students will not be allowed to accept a bid and complete a session at a later date. Additionally, Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed in the same academic year as a bid is accepted. Attendance at a Greek Life Session during a previous academic year does not waive the need for attendance during a later academic year’s session. No exceptions will be granted with these guidelines.
Fall 2015 Greek Life Orientation Dates, Times, and Locations
Fall 2016 Sessions:
- Thursday, August 18, 4:30pm, SC215
- Thursday, August 25, x-period, SC215
- Wednesday, August 31, 6:30pm, SC215
- Tuesday, September 6, x-period
- Wednesday, September 14, 4:00pm
- Monday, September 19, 4:00pm
- Thursday, September 22, x-period
(X-Period is from 1:40-2:30pm)
After September 23rd, 2016, contact the Student Life Office to schedule a one-on-one Greek 101 session at 501-450-3137.