Remember to mark your calendars for August 21 & 25-28, 2016! Below is a schedule for recruitment that will help you prepare. All events are required. This schedule to subject to change. The final schedule will be distributed at Orientation.
August 21, 2016 -
- *NOTE: this Orientation is specific to the Panhellenic Recruitment process and DOES NOT count towards the university Orientation requirement. Those dates for Greek 101 can be found here.
- Dress: casual cute. After Orientation you will go on a house tour of each of the sorority houses. There will be a couple of sorority women present, but you won't have much time for interaction - that will happen during the rounds! You will be doing a lot of walking this day so make sure to be comfortable and wear comfy shoes!
- 3:30pm - Check In Opens
- 4:00pm - Orientation Begins
- Location: Student Center Ballroom
- You will receive your recruitment shirt (to wear during the 2nd round of recruitment), recruitment booklet, go on house tours and learn many more details about the recruitment process.
August 25 & 26, 2016 -
- Dress: summer dressy casual; dress, skirt, or romper outfit
- 4:30: meet with your Pi Chi group on campus for dinner and a meeting before your events start for the night
- 6:00-9:25pm - Round One - you will visit all of the 5 Panhellenic sororities
- This round is two evenings, however, you will only visit the sororities on one of the evenings. The other evening you will participate in an activity with your Pi Chi group.
August 27, 2016 -
- Dress: Recruitment t-shirt and nice jeans/shorts/skirt
- 10:45 am - Meeting with counselor group & lunch
- 12-8:30pm - Round Two - you will visit up to 4 of the sororities
August 28, 2016 -
Round Three & MRABA (bid card) signing
- Dress: semi-formal or cocktail dress
- 8:15am - meeting with counselor group
- 9:00-3:20pm - Preference Rounds - you will visit up to 2 of the sororities
- Immediately after your last round - MRABA signing - you will list (in order of preference) the sororities/sorority you visited for Preference Round and from which you are willing to accept an invitation of membership
- Once you leave your last round, there is no talking as you go to MRABA signing and your preferences cannot be discussed with anyone (including a sorority member or your Pi Chi)
- Dress: shorts and a tank top (you will get a t-shirt from the sorority you are matched to)
- 5:00-7:00pm - Must be reachable by phone
- 7:00pm - Panhellenic Revealment & Bids Issues, Ida Waldran Auditorium (inside Old Main Hall)