(replaces the Affirmative Action Advisory Committee)
As set forth in University of Central Arkansas Board Policy 525:
Purpose of the Diversity Advisory Committee:
(a) review all policies, programs, and offices of the University of Central Arkansas in an effort to (i.) promote and maintain a diverse student, faculty, and staff population and (ii) foster an environment of inclusion and diversity;
(b) develop and present to the Board of Trustees and the President (i) plans and recommendations to increase diversity, including but not limited to, staffing, budget recommendations, and program changes, if any, and (ii) recommendations concerning language to be included in University publications, advertisements, and other materials on the subject of diversity;
(c) prepare and file with the Board of Trustees and the Office of the President, an annual report on diversity initiatives with such recommendations as the committee may deem necessary and advisable; and
(d) undertake such other activities, studies or initiatives as the Committee may, from time-to-time, deem necessary or advisable, as well as conduct any other matters within the Committee's jurisdiction as may be requested by the Board of Trustees.
Membership of the Diversity Advisory Committee/Meetings:
- One member of the University's Board of Trustees,appointed by the Board of Trustees
- University's Chief Diversity Officer or his/her designee, chair (ex-officio)
- Associate Vice President of Human Resources (ex officio)
- Associate Provost for Instructional Support (previously Director of Assessment, ex officio)
- Professional Development and Training Coordinator (ex officio, non-voting)
- Two persons appointed by the Board of Trustees, at least one of whom shall be a person holding an administrative position at the University
- One faculty member from each College appointed by the Faculty Senate from nominations submitted by the Dean of each College and one At-Large faculty member selected by the Faculty Senate from the non-affiliated faculty
- Four persons designated as representatives from the Staff Senate
- Two persons designated as representatives from the Student Government Association
- One person designated as the representative from the UCA Alumni Association
- One person designated as the representative from the UCA Foundation, Inc.
Ex-officio positions are permanent members of the committee.
The UCA Board member and the representatives from the UCA Alumni Association, the
UCA Foundation, and the Student Government Association shall serve one-year terms on the committee.
All other members shall serve two-year terms.
Members of the committee may be reappointed.
The chair of the committee shall be the University's Chief Diversity Officer. The committee shall hold at least one meeting in the fall semester and one meeting in the spring semester each year. Special meetings may be called by the Chair, or upon the request of any two members of the committee. At least two working days' notice of any meeting shall be provided to each member.
|Ronnie Williams||University Chief Diversity Officer (ex-officio)|
|Graham Gillis||Associate VP of Human Resources (ex-officio)|
|Kurt Boniecki||Associate Provost for Instructional Support (Assessment - ex-officio)|
|Charlotte Strickland||Professional Development and Training Coordinator (ex-officio, non-voting)|
|Victor Green||Member, Board of Trustees|
|VACANT||Board of Trustees Appointee|
|VACANT||Board of Trustees Appointee|
|Nancy Gallavan||EDU||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Sandra Luckett||FAC||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Letha Mosley||HBS||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Doug Isanhart||BUS||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Carolyn Pinchback||NSM||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Bi Ling Chen||LA||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|VACANT||At-Large||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Jerry Coleman||Staff Senate Appointee|
|Tiffany Johnson||Staff Senate Appointee|
|Aaron Knight||Staff Senate Appointee|
|Joslyn Kuykendall||Staff Senate Appointee|
|Hershila Lallu||SGA Appointee|
|Ryan Pfaff||SGA Appointee|
|Greg Hunt||Alumni Association Appointee|
|VACANT||UCA Foundation Appointee|
Reports to University President
Last updated on 2/11/2015