(replaces the Affirmative Action Advisory Committee)
As set forth in University of Central Arkansas Board Policy 525:
(a) review all policies, programs, and offices of the University of Central Arkansas in an effort to (i.) promote and maintain a diverse student, faculty, and staff population and (ii) foster an environment of inclusion and diversity;
(b) develop and present to the Board of Trustees and the President (i) plans and recommendations to increase diversity, including but not limited to, staffing, budget recommendations, and program changes, if any, and (ii) recommendations concerning language to be included in University publications, advertisements, and other materials on the subject of diversity;
(c) prepare and file with the Board of Trustees and the Office of the President, an annual report on diversity initiatives with such recommendations as the committee may deem necessary and advisable; and
(d) undertake such other activities, studies or initiatives as the Committee may, from time-to-time, deem necessary or advisable, as well as conduct any other matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction as may be requested by the Board of Trustees.
- One member of the University’s Board of Trustees, appointed by the Board of Trustees
- University’s Chief Diversity Officer or designee, chair (ex-officio)
- Associate Vice President of Human Resources (ex officio)
- Director of Assessment (ex officio)
- Professional Development and Training Coordinator (ex officio, non-voting)
- Two persons appointed by the Board of Trustees, at least one of whom shall be a person holding an administrative position at the University
- One faculty member from each College appointed by the Faculty Senate from nominations submitted by the Dean of each College and one At-Large faculty member selected by the Faculty Senate from the non-affiliated faculty
- Four persons designated as representatives from the Staff Senate
- Two persons designated as representatives from the Student Government Association
- One person designated as the representative from the UCA Alumni Association
- One person designated as the representative from the UCA Foundation, Inc.
Ex-officio positions are permanent members of the committee.
The UCA Board member and the representatives from the UCA Alumni Association, the
UCA Foundation, and the Student Government Association shall serve one-year terms on the committee.
All other members shall serve two-year terms.
Members of the committee may be reappointed.
The chair of the committee shall be the University’s Chief Diversity Officer.
The committee shall hold at least one meeting in the fall semester and one meeting in the spring semester each year. Special meetings may be called by the Chair, or upon the request of any two members of the committee. At least two working days’ notice of any meeting shall be provided to each member.
Ronnie Williams (chair)
Angela Webster (vice chair)
Charlotte Strickland (non-voting)
University Board of Trustee Member Appointment
Board of Trustees Appointments
Faculty Senate Appointments
Monika Alston-Miller (CFAC) – 2018
Shannon Riedmuller (CHBS) – 2018
Stacy Lettman (CLA) – 2018
Lei Yang (CNSM) – 2017
Lauren Maxell (COB) – 2017
Nancy Gallavan (COE) – 2017
Adam Frank (At-large) – 2017
Staff Senate Appointments
Carmesha Jemerson – 2018
Lesley Graybeal – 2017
Apryl Jackson – 2017
Marie Smallwood – 2018
Mary Morrison – 2017
John Gilbreath- 2017
UCA Alumni Association Appointment
Jamille Rogers – 2016
UCA Foundation Appointment
Vacant – 2016
Other members by Virtue of Position
Last updated on September 30, 2015