Mission: The Dean of Students office serves as a resource in support of student growth and development and ultimately student success. To achieve this mission, the office acts as a student advocate, promotes student responsibility, and provides needed services and support to students and the general public.
Gary Roberts, Ed.D.
Student Health Center, Room 210
Conway, AR 72035
501 450-3416 office
501 450-3248 fax
About the Dean: I came to UCA in 1987 as director of housing and became dean of students in 1990. I received a BS in mathematics and MS in counselor education at Emporia State University in Kansas, and a Doctorate of Education in higher education administration at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. I am married and have two children.
As dean of students, I am responsible for the following:
- Oversee student conduct or student judicial system at the University.
- Oversee the departments of campus recreation (including intramural sports and HPER Center), student life (including student organizations and Greek life), disability resource center, and university training.
- Oversee UCA Student Handbook and Daily Planner.
- Administer UCA Emergency Student Loan Fund.
- Assist students with individual problems and concerns.
- Assist students who need to withdraw from the University for medical or mental health reasons, or due to the death of a close family relative
- I advise the UCA Circle K Club, a collegiate community service organization.