The Student Government Association (SGA) collects from each student a Student Activity Fee. The amount of fees collected from each student is outlined below. These funds are allocated by the SGA to support activities and insure a balance of events that broaden the educational, social, cultural, and recreational opportunities for all students.
- During the academic year the Student Government Association works from three accounts:
- General Operating Account: 7.5% of the Student Activity Fee goes to operate the SGA each semester.
- SAFA Account: 87.5% of the Student Activity Fee goes to Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). These funds are allocated each semester for the following semester.
- Emergency SAFA: 5% of the Student Activity Fee goes to new RSOs on an as-needed basis. This primarily consists of new groups that did not have an opportunity to go through the SAFA procedure.
- At the start of the Summer II Semester, all funds remaining in these three accounts are rolled over into the SGA Reserve Account.
- Readership Program Account: Funds to be used for the Readership Program.
Jennifer Cale, Chair & Vice President of Finance
Senator Chenel Dale
Senator Psalm Dang
Senator Mat Fort
Senator Shreya Gopal
Senator Nelson Graves
Senator Nicholas Howell
Senator Samantha Langston
Senator Nelli Saxon