Stay informed with the most recent COVID-19 communication and information.
Testing and Tracing Data
Testing and tracing data will be updated weekly every Wednesday by 10 a.m.
The University of Central Arkansas has devised a color-coded system indicating whether masks are required in campus indoor spaces each week. Campus status will be updated each Sunday. The system is based on the community transmission level from Center for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 data tracker for Faulkner County and the region. The level of community transmission is based on the number of cases in the last seven days per 100,000 population and the number of tests in the last seven days that have a positive result.
Masks are required in all indoor spaces on campus.
Masks are encouraged in all indoor spaces on campus.
The campus will follow normal business and operational patterns.
Last status update was August 29, 2021.
The health and safety of our campus community are top priorities at the University of Central Arkansas. UCA’s Pandemic Planning and Response team and our local healthcare and education consortium continue to meet weekly to monitor developments related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we approach the fall 2021 semester, we are focused on the following actions:
- Prioritize vaccine distribution and participation to UCA students and employees.
- Continue to encourage face coverings and stress all health and hygiene best practices.
- Continue a robust testing and tracing protocol.
- Assess and prepare to manage appropriate levels of quarantine and isolation housing.
- In coordination with academic planning, make physical preparations for 100% occupancy of classroom and common space for fall 2021, with contingency plans for some limited remote instruction if necessary.
This page is intended to provide important resources and information, as well as answer any questions that faculty, staff, students and families may have as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. The website will be updated regularly, and general questions about our pandemic response can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.