- To recommend to the Vice President for finance and administration services policies that ensure an environment free from unreasonable risk, thereby reducing the number and severity of occupational illnesses and injuries.
- To serve as a resource for the various administrative units on campus, assisting them in the identification and correction of unsafe conditions or practices in their areas.
- To serve as the coordinating body in monitoring compliance with safety regulations.
- To recommend to the Vice President for finance and administration services expenditures necessary to achieve the university's safety goals.
- The Vice President for Finance and Administration, Medical Director of Student Health Services, Chief of Police, Associate Vice President/Admin. Services/Human Resources, Associate General Counsel, Director of Physical Plant, Director of Environmental Health and Safety, Director of Housing and Residence Life and the committee secretary will serve as permanent members.
- One faculty member appointed by the Faculty Senate. Faculty members will serve four-year terms.
- Two staff members appointed by the Staff Senate. Staff members will serve two-year terms.
- One student member appointed by the Student Government Association will serve. Student members will serve one-year terms.
- The Director of Organizational and Community Services, Research Compliance Coordinator, hazardous chemical expert from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Insurance Manager, and Associate Director of Media Relations will serve in an ex-officio capacity.
The chair is appointed by the president and the secretary is elected by the committee.
|Diane Newton||Permanent||Vice President, Finance and Administration|
|Randy Pastor||Permanent||Medical Director, Student Health Services|
|Larry James||Permanent||Chief of Police|
|Graham Gillis||Permanent||Associate Vice President, Human Resources|
|Warren Readnour||Permanent||General Counsel|
|Larry Lawrence||Permanent||Director, Physical Plant|
|Tim Decker||Permanent||Chair; Environmental Health and Safety Manager|
|Stephanie McBrayer||Permanent||Director of Housing and Residence Life|
|Kim Hutchcraft||Permanent||Secretary, Insurance Manager|
|Meredith Kemper||2016||Faculty Senate Appointment|
|Mary Jackson||2016||Staff Senate Appointment|
|Denicha Kemp||2015||Staff Senate Appointment|
|Arch Jones, Jr.||Ex-officio; Organizational and Community Services|
|Steve Beal||Ex-officio; Research Compliance Coordinator|
|Rick Tarkka||Ex-officio; Hazardous Chemical Expert|
|Kim Hutchcraft||Ex-officio; Insurance Manager|
|Fredricka Sharkey||Ex-officio; Director, Media Relations|
Send minutes to: Chair of Committee on Committees
Page last updated: July 6, 2015