Graduate Programs and Degrees

Undergraduate Bulletin
Document Number 2.09

Graduate Programs and Degrees

Graduate Dean: Dr. Elaine McNiece

[1] Programs and Degrees

For more information about graduate programs and financial assistance for graduate studies, contact the Graduate School at (501) 450-3124.

The University of Central Arkansas offers the following graduate degrees and programs:

Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)

  • Physical Therapy
  • School Psychology
  • Communication Sciences and Disorders (Consortium with University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and University of Arkansas at Little Rock)
  • Leadership Studies

Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)

Educational Specialist (EdS)

  • Educational Leadership

Master of Fine Arts (MFA)

  • Digital Filmmaking

Master of Arts (MA)

  • English
  • History
  • Mathematics Education
  • Spanish

Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)

Master of Accountancy (MAcc)

Master of Business Administration (MBA)

Master of Science in Education (MSE)

  • Advanced Studies in Teaching and Learning
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Reading
  • Special Education

Master of Science (MS)

  • Applied Computing
  • Applied Mathematics
  • Biology
  • College Student Personnel Services and Administration
  • Community and Economic Development
  • Community Counseling
  • Counseling Psychology
  • Family and Consumer Sciences
  • Health Sciences
  • Health Systems
  • Kinesiology
  • Library Media and Information Technologies
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physical Therapy
  • School Counseling
  • School Leadership, Management, and Administration
  • School Psychology
  • Speech-Language Pathology
  • Training Systems

Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)

Master of Music (MM)

Concentration Areas:

  • Choral Conducting
  • Instrumental Conducting
  • Music Education
  • Performance – Instrumental, Keyboard, Voice
  • Theory

Graduate Certificate (GC)

  • Business Management
  • Diverse Literatures
  • Geographic Information Systems

[2] Concurrent Undergraduate/Graduate Enrollment

If a senior is in the last term of enrollment before receiving a baccalaureate degree and is otherwise fully qualified to enter graduate study, that student may be admitted to concurrent status. An Application for Admission to the Graduate School and an Application for Concurrent Status must be filed with the Graduate School at least six weeks prior to registration. The student’s entire program is subject to the regulations and requirements for graduate study. Graduate credit will be received only if the student completes the requirements of the bachelor’s degree during the term in which the graduate courses are taken.