- To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new undergraduate curricula and programs proposed by the various departments and colleges;
- to review existing undergraduate offerings and make appropriate recommendations to the Council of Deans; and
- to initiate and recommend policies and procedures relevant to baccalaureate and associate degree requirements, grading and credit policies, academic standards, and related matters.
The Faculty Senate requests that this council provide a written report to the Faculty Senate by October 1 of each year. This report should summarize the body´s activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline long-range planning for the following year. This report should be approved by the membership of the committee.
- Department chairs are selected by the Faculty Senate, one from each of the colleges. No other department chair may serve on the council.
- One faculty member from each college holding the rank of assistant professor or above will be appointed by the faculty senate.
- Each college, according to the procedure for appointing college committees, appoints one faculty member.
- Two students are invited to serve as members, representing the Student Government Association and Alpha Chi.
The associate provost and dean of undergraduate studies serves as chair of the Undergraduate Council. The council selects its secretary. The provost and the registrar are ex officio, non voting members. Each council member serves four years on a rotating basis for each of the three categories. Students serve one-year terms.
|Kurt A. Boniecki, Chair||Permanent||Associate Provost|
|Tammy Benson (ED)||2016||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|Clay Arnold (LA)||2017||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|Mary Harlan (HBS)||2015||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|Joe Cangelosi (BUS)||2016||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|John Gale (FAC)||2016||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|Carl Frederickson (NSM)||2018||Faculty Senate Chair Appt|
|Alex Fayman (BUS)||2016||Faculty Senate|
|Jennifer Brinegar (HBS)||2017||Faculty Senate|
|Kari Naylor (NSM)||2015||Faculty Senate|
|Paige Reynolds (LA)||2015||Faculty Senate|
|Jeff Whittingham (ED)||2017||Faculty Senate|
|Mike Gunther (FAC)||2018||Faculty Senate|
|Brent Shires (FAC)||2018||College Appointment|
|Renee Ryburn (HBS)||2017||College Appointment|
|Rene Crow (ED)||2018||College Appointment|
|Kaye McKinzie (BUS)||2017||College Appointment|
|Bernard Chen (NSM)||2016||College Appointment|
|Travis Sorenson (LA)||2016||College Appointment|
|Sierra Moon (CFAC)||2015||SGA Appointment|
|Taylor Garrett||2015||Alpha Chi|
Meetings: x-period the third Tuesday of each month. On call other times as needed
Reports to: Provost
Send minutes to: Chair of the Committee on Committees
Page last updated: 11/21/2014