- To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new undergraduate curricula and programs proposed by the various departments and colleges;
- to review existing undergraduate offerings and make appropriate recommendations to the Council of Deans; and
- to initiate and recommend policies and procedures relevant to baccalaureate and associate degree requirements, grading and credit policies, academic standards, and related matters.
The Faculty Senate requests that this council provide a written report to the Faculty Senate by October 1 of each year. This report should summarize the body´s activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline long-range planning for the following year. This report should be approved by the membership of the committee.
- Department chairs are selected by the Faculty Senate, one from each of the colleges. No other department chair may serve on the council.
- One faculty member from each college holding the rank of assistant professor or above will be appointed by the faculty senate.
- Each college, according to the procedure for appointing college committees, appoints one faculty member.
- Two students are invited to serve as members, representing the Student Government Association and Alpha Chi.
The associate provost and dean of undergraduate studies serves as chair of the Undergraduate Council. The council selects its secretary. The provost and the registrar are ex officio, non voting members. Each council member serves four years on a rotating basis for each of the three categories. Students serve one-year terms.
Kurt A. Boniecki, Chair Associate Provost Permanent
Tammy Benson (ED) Faculty Senate Chair Appt 2016
VACANT(LA) Faculty Senate Chair Appt
Mary Harlan (HBS) Faculty Senate Chair Appt 2015
Joe Cangelosi (BUS) Faculty Senate Chair Appt 2016
John Gale (FAC) Faculty Senate Chair Appt 2016
VACANT (NSM) Faculty Senate Chair Appt
Alex Fayman (BUS) Faculty Senate 2016
VACANT (HBS) Faculty Senate
Kari Naylor (NSM) Faculty Senate 2015
Paige Reynolds (LA) Faculty Senate 2015
VACANT (ED) Faculty Senate
VACANT (FAC) Faculty Senate
VACANT (FAC) College Appointment
Renee Ryburn (HBS) College Appointment 2017
VACANT (ED) College Appointment
Kaye McKinzie (BUS) College Appointment 2017
Bernard Chen (NSM) College Appointment 2016
Anna Baker (LA) College Appointment 2016
VACANT SGA Appointment
VACANT Alpha Chi
Steve Runge Provost Permanent
Beth Durff Registrar Permanent
Meetings: x-period the third Tuesday of each month. On call other times as needed
Reports to: Provost
Send minutes to: Chair of the Committee on Committees
Page last updated: 7/28/14