Charge: To coordinate individual and departmental efforts to promote health and wellness at UCA. Specifically the committee will:
- Assess wellness and health needs of faculty, staff, and students.
- Plan and implement programs to meet those needs.
- Evaluate efforts in health promotion and disease prevention on campus.
- Serve as an advisory committee for alcohol and drug issues as related to the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act. As stipulated by the act, the committee will:
- Review current UCA policies that support drug-free schools and communities.
- Conduct a biennial review of the UCA drug prevention program to determine its effectiveness, implement changes, and ensure that related discipline sanctions are consistently enforced.
- Serve as a review committee as requested by the director of the health resources center.
- Conduct research on drug knowledge, attitudes, and practices of students, staff, and faculty.
Membership: The Director of the Health Resource Center will be a permanent member. Two faculty members from each college will be appointed by the Faculty Senate. Four staff members will be appointed by the Staff Senate, with at least two representing the Counseling Center, Health Services, the Physical Plant, Public Affairs, and Public Safety. Faculty and Staff Senate appointees will serve rotating two-year terms. Two students will be appointed by the Student Senate and two will be selected by the committee to serve one-year terms. The committee will elect its chair.
Member - Term Expires
Chair (elected by committee)
Shauna Meador TBA
Permanent Faculty Senate Appointments
Staff Senate Appointments
Kimberly Ashley-Pauley 2015
Tiffany Johnson 2015
Students (Student Senate Appointment)
Students (Committee Selections)
Reports to: Vice President for Student Services
Send minutes to: Chair of Committee on Committees �
Page last updated: 7/18/2014