- To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new graduate curricula and programs proposed by the various departments and colleges.
- To review existing graduate offerings and make appropriate recommendations to the council of deans.
- To initiate and recommend policies relevant to graduate degree requirements, grading and credit policies, academic standards, and related matters.
- To review and recommend policies and criteria for graduate faculty status.
- To act as an academic appeal board for graduate students.
The Faculty Senate requests that this council provide a written report to the Faculty Senate by October 1 of each year. This report should summarize the body´s activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline long-range planning for the following year. This report should be approved by the membership of the committee.
- Department chairs are selected by the Faculty Senate, one from each of the colleges. No other department chair may serve on the council.
- Graduate faculty members with the rank of assistant professor or above are appointed by the Faculty Senate, one from each college.
- Each college, according to the procedure for appointing college committees, appoints one faculty member.
- One graduate student is selected by the Faculty Senate, one graduate student is selected by the Graduate Council, and one graduate student is elected by the Student Government Association.
The associate provost and dean of the graduate school serves as chair of the Graduate Council. The council elects its secretary. The provost and the registrar serve as ex officio, non-voting members. Members serve four-year terms on a rotating basis for each of the first three categories. Students serve one-year terms.
Elaine McNiece (Graduate Dean and Chair)
Faculty Senate Appointments, Department Chairs
Ben Cash (NSM) 2017
Tammy Rogers (BUS) 2017
David O' Hara (LA) 2015
Terry James (ED) 2016
Scott Payne (FAC) 2016
Faculty Senate Appointments, Graduate Faculty
David O'Hara (LA) 2016
Janet Filer (ED) 2015
Brooks Pearson (LA) 2015
Noel Campbell (BUS) 2016
Letha Mosley (FAC) 2016
Gary Bunn (ED) 2015
Bruce Hutchinson (FAC) 2015
Faculty Senate, Graduate Student Appt.
Graduate Council, Graduate Student Appt.
SGA, Graduate Student Appt.
Provost Steve Runge
Registrar Beth Durff
Meetings: X-period the third Thursday, each month. On call other times as needed.
Reports to: Provost
Send minutes to: Chair of the Committee on Committees �
Page last updated: 7/18/2014