- To review and recommend to the Council of Deans new graduate curricula and programs proposed by the various departments and colleges
- To review existing graduate offerings and make appropriate recommendations to the Council of Deans
- To initiate and recommend policies relevant to graduate degree requirements, grading and credit policies, academic standards, and related matters
- To review and recommend faculty for graduate status
- To act as an academic appeal body for graduate students
Annual Report: The Faculty Senate requests that this council provide a written report to the Faculty Senate by October 1 of each year.
- Department chairs are appointed by the Faculty Senate, one from each of the academic colleges. No other department chair may serve on the council.
- Graduate faculty members with the rank of assistant professor or above are appointed by the Faculty Senate, one from each academic college.
- Each academic college, according to the procedure for appointing college committees, appoints one faculty member.
- One graduate student is appointed by the Faculty Senate, one graduate student is appointed by the Graduate Council, and one graduate student is elected by the Student Government Association.
The associate provost and dean of the graduate school serves as chair of the Graduate Council. The council elects its secretary. The provost and the registrar serve as ex officio, non-voting members. Members serve four-year terms on a rotating basis for each of the first three categories. Students serve one-year terms.
|Joan Simon||Permanent||Associate Provost and Interim Dean of the Graduate School, Chair|
|Brent Hill||2017||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, CNSM|
|Stephanie Watson||2017||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, COB|
|Art Gillaspy||2018||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, CHBS|
|Wendy Lucas||2019||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, CLA|
|Terry James||2020||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, COE|
|Mike Gunter||2020||Faculty Senate Appointment, Chair, CFAC|
|Arijit Mukherjee||2018||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, CNSM|
|Alex Chen||2019||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, COB|
|Darshon Anderson||2020||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, CHBS|
|Michael Rosenow||2018||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, CLA|
|Janet Filer||2017||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, COE|
|John Vanderslice||2020||Faculty Senate Appointment, Graduate Faculty, CFAC|
|Matt Gifford||2020||College Appointment, CNSM|
|Mark McMurtrey||2018||College Appointment, COB
|Joan Simon||2018||College Appointment, CHBS|
|Ramon Escamilla||2020||College Appointment, CLA|
|Rhonda McClellan||2019||College Appointment, COE|
|Stephanie Vanderslice||2019||College Appointment, CFAC|
|Mason Buerer||Faculty Senate, Graduate Student Appt.|
|VACANT||Graduate Council, Graduate Student Appt.|
|Ethan Clement||2017||SGA, Graduate Student Appt.|
|Steve Runge||Permanent||Provost, ex-officio and non-voting|
|Becky Rasnick||Permanent||Registrar, ex-officio and non-voting|
X-period the third Thursday, each month. On call other times as needed.
Page last updated: May 6, 2016