The Academic Assessment Committee will provide oversight, identify needs, develop recommendations and policies regarding institution-wide assessment of student learning in order to strengthen the university and enhance its accountability. It will also recommend changes in academic assessment processes; review the usefulness of academic assessment strategies, reporting strategies and feedback processes; and ensure that assessment data are used to inform decision-making at all levels. The committee will support, fully or in part, faculty initiatives related to the improvement of academic assessment programs. The committee will maintain close communications with the Faculty Senate, the office of the provost, the UCA Core Council, and other appropriate committees, administrative bodies, and academic units.
- Review individual programs' assessment plans and processes and recommend ways for improvement.
- Advise faculty, departments, and colleges on assessment procedures and methods.
- Review and implement policies for reporting assessment data.
- Development and implement policies for dissemination of assessment data.
- Solicit proposals from faculty and award funds for initiatives to improve assessment.
Annual Report and Presentation: A written report shall be provided to the Faculty Senate by April 1 of each year. This report should summarize the body's activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline planning for the following year. The report should be approved by the membership of the committee. The chair of this committee shall contact the president of the Faculty Senate to schedule a presentation to the Senate by this same date.
- The director of academic assessment who serves as the chair.
- One faculty member from each academic college and one faculty member who is unaffiliated with the academic colleges. Appointments are made by the respective dean or director. Members serve staggered three-year terms. Initial appointees will draw for length of term at the first meeting of the committee.
- The director of the UCA Core
- One undergraduate student appointed by the SGA for a one-year term
- A graduate student appointed by the dean of the graduate school for a one-year term.
|Kurt Boniecki, Chair||Permanent||Director of Academic Assessment|
|Jim Downey||College of Business||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Debbie Barnes||College of Education||2017||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Jennifer Hawkinson||College of Fine Arts & Communication||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Joan Simon||College of Health and Behavioral Sciences||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Lynn Burley||College of Liberal Arts||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Charles Watson||College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Mary Wood||Unaffiliated||2018||Faculty Senate Appointee|
|Jacob Held||Permanent||Chair, UCA Core Council|
|Rose McGarrity||2017||Undergraduate Student, SGA appointment|
|VACANT||2016||Graduate Student, Dean of Grad. School appointment|
Monthly during the academic year.
Minutes are sent to the President of the Faculty Senate. Report is due to the Faculty Senate by April 15th of each year.
Page Last Updated: May 9, 2016