Charge: The Academic Assessment Committee will provide oversight, identify needs, develop recommendations and policies regarding institution-wide assessment of student learning in order to strengthen the university and enhance its accountability. It will also recommend changes in academic assessment processes; review the usefulness of academic assessment strategies, reporting strategies and feedback processes; and ensure that assessment data are used to inform decision-making at all levels. The committee will support, fully or in part, faculty initiatives related to the improvement of academic assessment programs. The Committee will maintain close communications with the Faculty Senate, the Office of the Provost, The General Education Council, and other appropriate committees, administrative bodies, and academic units.
1. Review individual programs' assessment plans and processes and recommend ways for improvement.
2. Advise faculty, departments, and colleges on assessment procedures and methods.
3. Review and implements policies for reporting assessment data.
4. Development and implement policies for dissemination of assessment data.
5. Solicit proposals from faculty and award funds for initiatives to improve assessment.
Annual Report and Presentation:
A written report shall be provided to the Faculty Senate by April 15 of each year. This report should summarize the body's activities during the prior year, provide appropriate statistics and data, and outline planning for the following year. The report should be approved by the membership of the committee.The chair of this committee shall contact the President of the Faculty Senate to schedule a presentation to the Senate by this same date.
1. The Director of Academic Assessment who serves as the chair.
2. One faculty member from each college, Honors College, and University College. Appointments are made by the respective dean or director and approved by the Faculty Senate. Members serve staggered three-year terms. Initial appointees will draw for length of term at the first meeting of the committee.
3. The Director of the General Education Council.
4. One undergraduate student appointed by the SGA for a one-year term
5. A graduate student appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School for a one-year term.
|Kurt Boniecki, Chair||Permanent||Director of Academic Assessment|
|Noel Campbell||College of Business|
|Debbie Barnes||College of Education|
|Lynn Burley||College of Fine Arts & Communication|
|Joan Simon||College of Health and Behavioral Sciences|
|Mary Beth Sullivan||College of Liberal Arts|
|Charles Watson||College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics|
|Donna Bowman||Honors College|
|Ron Novy||University College|
|Paul McKay||College of Liberal Arts||Undergraduate Student, SGA appointment|
|VACANT||Graduate Student, Dean of Grad. School appointment|
Meetings are monthly during the academic year.
Committee reports to the Provost
Minutes are sent to the President of the Faculty Senate.
Page Last Updated: 11/21//2014