Writing and Communication Center Peer Tutor
Writing and Communication Center Peer Tutor applications are now being accepted!
The Writing and Communication Center tutors go through a rigorous application and training process. Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting an application:
- Potential tutors maintain a 3.5 or higher grade point average, display excellent writing and presentation skills, and possess outgoing personalities capable of reaching out to a diverse student body. If you meet the following qualifications, complete our online application form.
- Please read this sample student paper to answer the questions on the application. Here are the assignment guidelines for the student paper.
- Please watch the sample student presentation video located in the application form. Here are the presentation assignment guidelines.
- Please ask one professor to complete our Faculty Reference Form.
- Please submit two writing samples of your own work to email@example.com
- Once your application, faculty reference form, and writing samples are submitted, you will be contacted to interview with the Writing and Communication Center directors. *Note: Applications will not be reviewed until all parts are complete.
- Potential tutors are chosen from those interviews to register for WRTG 3315 Writing Center Practicum, the required course for students who want to be tutors. During their time in the course, students apprentice in the Writing and Communication Center with more experienced tutors, learn theoretical and practical approaches to teaching writing and communication one-to-one, and acquire knowledge of the kinds of writing and communication done across the disciplines.
- New tutors are chosen from the group that make a “B” or above in WRTG 3315.
Writing and Communication Center Graduate Assistants
At the present time, our GA positions are filled. Please check back for openings.
Call the directors, Carey Clark or Katherine Bray at 501-450-5123, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.