Writing Center Peer Tutor
Writing Center Peer Tutor applications are closed until Fall 2016.
The Writing Center consultants go through a rigorous application and training process:
- Potential tutors maintain a 3.5 or higher grade point average, display excellent writing skills, and possess outgoing personalities capable of reaching out to a diverse student body. If you meet the following qualifications, complete our online application form.
- Please read this sample student paper to answer the questions on the application. Here are the assignment guidelines for the student paper.
- Students ask one professor to complete our Faculty Reference Form.
- Students must submit two samples of their own work to email@example.com
- Students will be contacted to interview with the Writing Center directors.
- Potential tutors are chosen from those interviews to register for WRTG 3315 Writing Center Practicum, the required course for students who want to be tutors. During their time in the course, students apprentice in the Writing Center with more experienced tutors, learn theoretical and practical approaches to teaching writing one-to-one, and acquire knowledge of the kinds of writing done across the disciplines.
- New tutors are chosen from the group that passed WRTG 3315.
*Tutor applications will not be reviewed until steps 1 and 2 of the application process are complete.
Writing Center Graduate Assistants
At the present time, our GA positions are filled. Please check back for openings.
Call the directors, Carey Clark or Katherine Bray at 501-450-5123, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.