Writing Center Peer Tutor
The Writing Center consultants go through a rigorous application and training process:
- Potential tutors maintain a 3.5 or higher grade point average, display excellent writing skills, and possess outgoing personalities capable of reaching out to a diverse student body. If you meet the following qualifications, complete our online Application Form.
- Please read this sample student paper to answer the questions on the application. Here are assignment guidelines for the student paper.
- Students ask one professor to complete our Faculty Reference Form.
- Students must submit two samples of their own work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will be contacted to interview with the Writing Center Directors.
- Potential tutors are chosen from those interviews to register for WRTG 3315 Writing Center Practicum, the required course for students who want to be tutors. During their time in the course, students apprentice in the Writing Center with more experienced tutors, learn theoretical and practical approaches to teaching writing one-to-one, and acquire knowledge of the kinds of writing done across the disciplines.
- New tutors are chosen from the group that passed WRTG 3315.
*Tutor applications will not be reviewed until steps 1 and 2 of the application process are complete.
**Graduate Assistants: at the present time, our GA positions are filled. Please check back for openings.
Call the Directors, Scott Payne or Lanette Grate at 450-5123, or email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.