All documents must be received by February 1, 2014 although we encourage interested
applicants to submit completed applications as early as they are ready.
The UCA Graduate School application must include the following items:
- Official transcript from each college and/or university you have attended
- General GRE scores
- Graduate School application available online at http://uca.edu/graduateschool/admissionprocess/
- A non-refundable $25 processing fee
These items must be submitted to UCA’s Graduate School office and will be forwarded
to the Writing Department.
In addition, students must submit the following items to the Arkansas Writers MFA Program:
- 10-30 pages of creative work in the area in which you wish to study: poetry, creative nonfiction, fiction or other multi-genre work.
- A brief (500 word) statement describing why you wish to pursue an MFA in Creative Writing at UCA.
- Two letters of recommendation sent to the following address:
Stephanie Vanderslice, Director
Arkansas Writers MFA Program
Department of Writing
University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey Ave., Thompson 336
Conway, AR 72035
Attn: Recommendation Letter
The first two documents should be sent as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of assistantships will be available and we will be updating that information as
we receive it. For more information about UCA graduate assistantships click on the following