Camps & Conferences Assistant (CA) Application
Job Description & Requirements
- Must have a clear judicial record with Housing and Residence Life.
- Must maintain a minimum semester & cumulative GPA of 2.25 if undergraduate or 2.5 if a graduate student.
- Must be enrolled as full time undergraduate or graduate student.
Teamwork and Supervision
- Will report directly to the Conference Coordinator in their respective area and will be subject to the supervision of the Area Coordinator, the Associate Director, and the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
- Must participate in assigned “on duty” hours each week, must remain in their designated area while on duty, and are required to make themselves available to campers and/or staff members as directed.
- Expected to participate in all check-in & check-out activities in the assigned area and in other areas as needed.
Community Building Expectations
- Required to disseminate information to campers in a timely manner by posting notices.
- Required to enforce standards of conduct as contained in the UCA Guidelines for Summer Conferences.
- Expected to act in a professional manner appropriate to the situation, respond to emergency situations as needed, communicate effectively, and be available to assist camps.
- Required to assist with check-ins and check-outs.
- CAs who resign or are dismissed before the completion of their appointment, are not immediately granted a Housing agreement release. CAs who resign or are dismissed but continue to reside in campus housing will be required to move from their current building or area.
- Outside employment is NOT allowed due to the significant time commitment required for performance of the CA position.
- CA staff are not permitted to take an overload of classes because having more than 6 credit hours places an extra burden on a staff member’s ability to function academically. Any CA wanting to take an overload must get approval from the Area Coordinator, through their Conference Coordinator.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Conference Coordinator, Area Coordinator, Associate Director, or Director of Housing and Residence Life.
- Additional detailed expectations and job responsibilities will be provided by individual supervisors.
March 31: CA Application Deadline. To be considered for employment in summer 2014, candidates need to have applications turned in by this date. You must have a minimum of a 2.25 previous semester & cumulative G.P.A.
April 1 – 19: Interviews conducted (Candidates will be contacted by a Conference Coordinator to arrange a time).
April 22: Letters will go out to all candidates to notify them if they are being offered a position or not.
April 24 – 30: All CA candidates who have been offered and accepted the CA Position need to complete payroll information and background check forms. Information to complete this will be given upon acceptance of offered position.