Steps to Certify GI Bill Monthly Benefits

  1. Freshmen and sophomores meet with your Academic Adviser to determine which classes to take. You may want to have your adviser list up to six classes on your advising form, so if a class is not available due to a time conflict or is closed, you already have approval to take another class.
  2. Register for classes.
    • Refer to the Office of the Registrar for registration dates: then log onto myUCA
    • Register for classes under the self-help tab
    • Print out a copy of your class schedule.
  3. Update your Program Completion Plan if necessary. An example can be found here. Print your PCP.
  4. Take the class schedule and Program Completion Plan to the veteran Services Office.
  5. Fill out a UCA Benefits Enrollment Certification Form (BECF) at the VS Office and submit it along with a copy of your class schedule to your Veterans Services Coordinator after you register for classes.You should do this after you are fairly certain that your selection of classes is final. If you submit a BECF and then change classes, you will have to submit an updated BECF.The form is available at: UCA Veterans Service Department
    Harrin Hall Room 223 A/B
    University of Central Arkansas
    Conway, AR 72035Hours: 08:00-16:30 M-FVeterans Services Coordinator: David Williams
    E-mail: veteranservices@uca.eduThe BECF will allow the UCA Office of Veterans Affairs to

    • Confirm your registration in UCA’s internal confirmation process, and
    • Release your information, as required, to the Veterans Regional Office.
      NOTE: You must submit a separate BECF for each enrollment term. If term enrollment dates overlap, the VA Regional Office adds the credit hours from the terms together during the overlapping period(s) to calculate your eligibility.
    • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation Students: Please note that in addition to above BECF items; you must have your Vocational Rehab counselor send Form 28-1905 to the UCA VS coordinator.
  6. If you decide not to attend UCA for any term, you must withdraw from all classes through the UCA Registration Office by the end of the 100% refund period by the specific date(s) per term to receive a full adjustment of charges. Not attending class does not remove this obligation; if you are registered, you are liable for charges. Information for registration and withdrawal dates can be found on the UCA Academic Calendar.
    • You must inform your VS coordinator of any dropped classes or cancelled terms ASAP. Failure to do so will result in an incurred liability for the overpaid tuition from unattended classes.