Apply for GI Bil Monthly Benefits

  1. Apply for VA benefits on-line at
    If 1st time user, create VONAPP account, and choose one of these options:

    1. Complete VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Benefits)
    2. Complete VA Form 22-5490 (Dependents’ Application for VA Benefits) if dependent, not Post 9/11 transfer
    3. Complete VA Form 22-1990e (Application for Family Member to Use Transferred Benefits), complete after DoD has approved Post 9/11 transfer benefits to your family member.
    4. Complete VA Form 28-1900, Disabled Veteran’s Application for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
      Note: The VA Regional Office will send you an email to confirm receipt of your application.
  2. Print out the complete VONAPP application with confirmation on the bottom of all pages and bring it to:
    UCA Veterans Service Department
    Burdick Hall, Room 304
    University of Central Arkansas
    Conway, AR 72035 Hours: 08:00-16:30 M-F Note: It may take 3-4 weeks for initial certification processing. It is advised to begin this process at least a month before the semester begins for first time students.
  3. Meet with your Academic Adviser to determine which classes to take. You may want to have your adviser list up to six classes on your advising form, so if a class is not available due to a time conflict or is closed, you already have approval to take another class.
  4. Register for classes.
    • Refer to the Office of the Registrar for registration dates: then log onto my UCA
    • Register for classes under the self-help tab
    • Print out a copy of your class schedule
  5. Fill out a Program Completion Plan. An example can be found here. Print your PCP.
  6. Take the class schedule and Program Completion Plan to the veteran Services Office.
  7. Fill out a UCA Benefits Enrollment Certification Form (BECF) at the VS office and submit it along with a copy of your class schedule to your Veterans Services Coordinator.You should do this after you are fairly certain that your selection of classes is final. If you submit a BECF and then change classes, you will have to submit an updated BECF. The form is available at the UCA Veterans Service Department. Hours: 08:00-16:30 M-F Veterans Services Coordinator: David WilliamsE-mail:
  1. The BECF will allow the UCA Office of Veterans Affairs to
    • Confirm your registration in UCA’s internal confirmation process, and
    • Release your information, as required, to the Veterans Regional Office.
      NOTE: You must submit a separate BECF for each enrollment term. If term enrollment dates overlap, the VA Regional Office adds the credit hours from the terms together during the overlapping period(s) to calculate your eligibility.
    • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation Students: Please note that in addition to above BECF items; you must have your Vocational Rehab counselor send Form 28-1905 to the UCA VS coordinator.
  2. If you decide not to attend UCA for any term, you must withdraw from all classes through the UCA Registration Office by the end of the 100% refund period by the specific date(s) per term to receive a full adjustment of charges. Not attending class does not remove this obligation; if you are registered, you are liable for charges. Information for registration and withdrawal dates can be found on the UCA Academic Calendar.