Arkansas National Guard

Remedial Assistance

Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) –  Offering FREE remedial academic assistance to veterans who have served at least 180 days of active duty service or discharged because of a service-connected disability, received something other than dishonorable discharge, be a first generation college student and/or fall within low-income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education.

Fayetteville                                                        Camp Robinson

1001 E. Sain St.                                                  Building 6401

UPTW 139                                                          North Little Rock

Fayetteville, AR                                                 AR, 72199

72703                                                                  501-212-4027


Admissions and Enrollment

Undergraduate Admissions – 201 Donaghey Ave Bernard Hall, Suite 103 Conway, AR 72035. Phone: 501.450.3128. Fax: 501.450.5228. Application Fee Waiver is available for Undergraduate students. As a Guard Member, you will need to provide NGB22.

Graduate Admissions – 201 Donaghey Ave Torreyson West 328 Conway, AR 72035. Phone: 501.450.3124. Must identify self as a Veteran when applying to Graduate School. They will send an email to the Certifying Official to verify military status of individual. Individual will still pay the $25 application fee, but after verification will receive reimbursement.

Office of the Registrar – Harrin Hall, Suite 224, 201 Donaghey Ave Conway, AR 72035. E-mail: Phone: (501)450-5200. Fax: (501)450-5734. UCA’s Office of the Registrar receives “Official” Joint Services Transcripts (JST) and evaluates them to determine what course specific credits may be given to military students.

The Office of the Registrar along with Veteran Services:

  • Identify Declared Major
  • Review military course work
  • Review military job experience
  • Evaluate what would apply as credit toward degree plan
  • Send American Council on Education (ACE) evaluation and the JST to the Department Chair for Review (Department Chair may award course specific credit, general elective, or no credit)
  • Student veteran may desire to schedule meeting with department chair to clarify courses or experience
  • Department Chair sends written notification to Transfer Credit Team regarding courses awarded

If individual has any civilian licensure, may want to talk to the Transfer Credit Team of the Registrar when JST is ordered so a copy can be provided to the Department Chair.

You can obtain your Joint Service Transcript and have them sent directly to the school by going to the JST Website.

Using VA Education Benefits

Students who are wanting to use their VA Benefits will need to go to the VA Education and Training Website in order to determine what they are eligible for.  In some cases, students may be eligible for more than one VA Benefit and will have to make a selection based on what benefits them the most.  Students who are eligible for more than one benefit, should examine their options carefully before selecting the Post 9/11 GI BILL® Benefit, as this switch is irreversible.  The different benefits active duty and reservists may qualify for are:

If comfortable, complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) through the VA We also provide assistance with completing this at the office, if desired. Reservists, applying for Chapter 1606, should include a copy of their DD form 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Vocational Rehabilitation is a Mental Health service under VHA and comprises several different approaches designed to assist Veterans in gaining competitive community employment and providing follow-along supports to assist in maintaining employment. Specifically designed to assist Veterans with a Disability rating of 20% or more, these services can provide more than education assistance. More information can be provided on the VA website. If you would like information on the Vocational Assistance Services, call the Little Rock Office at 501.257.1667. You can download and fill out an application here.

Transfer Student

In order for us to transfer your benefits from your previous institution to the University of Central Arkansas, you will need to fill out VA Form 22-1995.

Our institutional address is:

University of Central Arkansas 201 Donaghey Ave Conway AR 72035

Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1995) through the VA or come into the office for assistance in completing this to ensure less errors.

Federal Tuition Assistance

Students who are interested in using TA should contact their unit education officer.  As a reminder, we are unable to certify courses for the Chapter 1606 and Chapter 1607 benefits if TA is also requested to pay for those courses. However, we still need you to fill out the Enrollment Certification Form at the Veterans’ Services Office. For degree plans, utilize the Program Completion Plan (PCP) template. Complete with all classes required to graduate. For assistance, use the PCP Completion Guide, or come into the office for assistance.

Arkansas National Guard Tuition Assistance (NGTA) Program

All documents for this program, including the application and instructions for completing and submitting can be found at the Arkansas National Guard Arkansas National Guard Tuition Assistance Program page.  For degree plans, utilize the Program Completion Plan (PCP) template. Complete with all classes required to graduate. For assistance, use the PCP Completion Guide, or come into the office for assistance.

Email completed application to:

If you have questions call 501-212-4045 (Education Assistant).

University of Central Arkansas 25% Discount for National Guard and Reserves

Undergraduate students in either the Arkansas National Guard or Air National Guard are eligible for a 25% discount (on course of studies only) provided they submit a letter of good standing from their unit of assignment and have a 2.0 grade point average.  These requirements must be met every semester the waiver is desired.

Financial Assistance

Financial Aid Office – 201 Donaghey Ave Harrin Hall 200, Phone: 501.450.3140 Assisting student with Pell Grants, Student/Parent Loans, Work-Study, and Lottery Scholarship Information. Abides by Arkansas Deployment Statute . If you are placed on Active Orders, there is a scholarship hold and exception policy available.

Arkansas Department of Higher Education – 501-371-2050, Providing scholarships to dependents of military who either died while serving or are 100% disabled.  The military member must be a resident of the State of Arkansas.


The Financial Aid Office has a scholarship page where scholarships are maintained. The Veteran Services Office also has a list of common military scholarships readily available, as well.

Academic Advising

Meeting with an Advisor can be as easy as scheduling an appointment. Once identified through the Veteran Services, individual qualifies for military academic advising through the Advising Office. Point of Contact for Military Students: Leigh Ann DenHartog, Director, Academic Advising Center, Post-bacc, Concurrent, CNSM Advisor. Email: Harrin Hall 106. Phone: 501.450.5160.

Students Called into Active Military Service

Students called into Active Duty while attending class, or spouses of those called into Active Duty have options for schooling. YOU MUST CONTACT AND INFORM THE CERTIFYING OFFICIAL. There is a checklist for you to follow when you know you will be going on active duty orders. UCA’s policy follows the Military Deployment Arkansas Statute 6-61-112. An outline of this can be found here.