Students who are involved in serious behaviors are subject to suspension (temporary removal) or expulsion (permanent removal) from the University. Such behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Possession of a firearm on campus. All firearms are prohibited, even if they are for hunting purposes. Students found to be in possession of a firearm are subject to a minimum three (3) year suspension.
- Possession or use of hard drugs or a significant quantity of marijuana.
- Burglary or theft of property.
- Significant damage to property.
- Sexual assault and other serious sex offenses.
- Aggravated assault or battery.
- Making a threat of serious physical violence
- False reporting of an emergency such as false fire alarm and bomb threat.
- Repeated violations of university policy.
The University reserves the right to suspend or expel students for other reasons not previously listed to provide a safe and orderly campus environment.