1. Is the University of Central Arkansas NCATE accredited?


The University of Central Arkansas was created in 1907 by the Arkansas General Assembly.  The Arkansas State Normal School's mission was to prepare teachers for the state, a fact  emphasized by its location in the geographical center of Arkansas. With federal initiatives such as  No Child Left Behind, and the expectations of the citizens of our state, UCA and the College of  Education are committed to the high standards of teacher preparation, effective partnerships with P-12 schools, and the continued high expectations of learning for all children. Evidence of this commitment to quality preparation is the longstanding accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA) and national accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)since 1953.

The University of Central Arkansas is also committed to maintaining its leadership role in the state by providing quality programs for those it serves. Because of the ever changing landscape of education, those leading our schools must be prepared to use the most contemporary methods to ensure effective schools. By empowering educational professionals to face the rich and diverse challenges waiting them, UCA is upholding its traditions while affirming expectations for its future. The professional education programs at the University of Central Arkansas incorporate nationally recognized performance-based standards that result in highly qualified professionals for our public schools.


2. How do I add an additional area or level of licensure to my existing license?

Areas and levels of licensure may be added to an existing license through the completion of an Additional Licensure Plan or by testing (if applicable).  Please refer to the most current information regarding the rules to accomplish this at http://www.arkansased.org/divisions/human-resources-educator-effectiveness-and-licensure/educator-licensure-unit/add-licensure-area-to-license


3. How do I find available teaching positions?

You may access a job database at the following links:

Arkansas Department of Education - Public School Vacancies

Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators (AAEA)



4. I want to send my resume to several school districts. How do I obtain the mailing address of these districts?

You may access the Arkansas Public School Information Directory at the following link:

Arkansas Education Directory


5. How do I renew an expired license?

License renewal is the responsibility of the Arkansas Department of Education Office of Professional Licensure, 501-682-4342.


6. How do I convert an out-of-state license to an Arkansas license?

License renewal is the responsibility of the Arkansas Department of Education Office of Professional Licensure, 501-682-4342.