- HPER Center participants MUST have a Fitness Center Orientation prior to using the HPER Center.
- Check out our Fitness Assessments
- Check out our Group Personal Training
- Check out our Group Exercise Classes
Campus Recreation Will Offer Swim Lessons
Private Swim Lessons at the Farris Center Pool
The Department of Recreation is now offering private swim lessons to UCA students, staff, and community members.
The “Safety Before Skill” company is providing these lessons. “Safety Before Skill” specializes in private swim lessons and their philosophy on swimming is:
- Learning to swim is a critical life skill. It could save your life. It is also so much fun to be comfortable in the water and it opens doors to other enjoyable activities!
- swim lessons, either in a group or private setting, should focus on safety first, then skills. And the skills should be taught using the proper technique from the very start.
- We do not teach from the deck, we are in the water for the entire lesson.
- Every student deserves dignity and respect regardless of age or skill level. We do not believe in dunking students or pushing them into the water against their will. We will always go underwater with our student until they feel safe doing it on their own.
To register for swim lessons visit the “Safety Before Skill” web site – www.safetybeforeskill.com – or call 501-940-4981 for information.