UCA Gains Full Division I Membership

All UCA athletic teams will now be eligible for postseason play in both the Southland Conference and on the national level beginning this fall. UCA received notification last month that it has acheived Division I Active Membership.

“We are thrilled and relieved to receive the news of our approval of active membership status at the NCAA Division I level,” said Dr. Brad Teague, UCA director of athletics. “… We look forward to our active membership status and the opportunity to participate in post-season competition on the conference and NCAA level. This is an exciting time for our student-athletes and coaches.”

The thorough reclassification process included requirements such as financial audits, rules compliance audits, annual reports, annual updated strategic plans and a 10-year athletics certification study.

“This final step to full D-I recognition is the result of a tremendous amount of work by Dr. Teague and the entire athletic department,” said UCA President Allen Meadors. “Our coaches have been outstanding in their support of the athletic administration during this transition period. I would also like to acknowledge the work of numerous individuals and offices throughout the UCA campus that assisted in bringing about this day. A special thanks to the UCA’s Board of Trustees for their support and encouragement.”