Are you looking for a career in healthcare that balances the challenges of mental and emotional engagement? The Nursing major at the University of Central Arkansas will provide you with the clinical knowledge, skills, and experience you need to understand the human body, prioritize competing demands, manage stress, and develop a holistic healthcare perspective, including: a caring bedside manner; clinical prevention and treatment of disease and illness; management of symptoms; and promotion of the health and well being of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations. Our program boasts the best graduation rates in the state, high passage rates on the states Board of Certification exam, is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing. These qualifications ensure that your instructors are at the top of their field, the curriculum meets the highest standards in the discipline, and you will be favorably considered for graduate and professional schools and employment opportunities.
As a Nursing major at UCA, youll have access to all of the distinct advantages that make the UCA experience special. Just a few of the benefits our program offers include:
- Expert Faculty who are actively engaged in clinical practice and scholarship. They serve the local community in hospitals and clinics in various specialty areas and conduct cutting-edge research on topics such as complementary care, attention deficit and hyperactive disorder, diabetic teaching, childhood obesity, home care, information technology, and practice simulation. Our instructors are deeply committed to the success of their students and have cultivated an intensive applied learning environment providing individual attention, mentoring, and connections with leading professionals in the healthcare field.
- Degree Specialization designed to meet the evolving demands of the 21st century, including flexible degree concentrations, which allow our students to customize their majors, engaging their interests and facilitating their career ambitions. Tracks available in our department include:
- Traditional BSN: designed for students with no nursing license, who want to pursue careers in healthcare settings as Registered Nurses (RNs).
- LPN to RN-BSN: for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who wish to become RNs with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- RN-to-BSN: for RNs who are graduates of accredited associate degree or hospital diploma programs and seek a BSN degree. This track is designed for the working RN with all nursing courses offered online (periodic visits to the Conway campus are required for each course).
- RN-to-BSN/MSN: allows the RN to complete up to 9 graduate credit hours while completing the BSN in lieu of 9 undergraduate credit hours, thus accelerating completion of the Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program. BSN degree is awarded when the baccalaureate degree requirements are met. This track is also designed for the working RN with all nursing courses offered online. (Periodic visits to the Conway campus are required for each course.)
- Professional Development through access to our faculty and extensive library resources; excellent on-campus facilities, equipped with state-of-the-art technology and simulation opportunities; as well as access to the best hospitals and health services in Conway, Little Rock and area communities, for clinical experience, and professional networking.
- Employment Opportunities in hospitals, one-day surgeries, long-term care facilities, health clinics, public health, and home health programs, and many others. Graduates from our program are in high demand, as UCA is a preferred provider for hospitals, which report our BSN-prepared nurses provide higher quality care.
- Advanced Degrees: when you are ready to continue your education UCA offers graduate nursing degrees in several areas of specialization, including nurse practitioner, nurse educator, and clinical nurse leaders. The presence of these academic programs, graduate faculty and students, and the resources they bring to the undergraduate nursing program enhance your baccalaureate experience.
To learn more about the exciting opportunities for personal and professional development available to you through the Nursing major at the University of Central Arkansas, visit http://uca.edu/nursing/bachelor-of-science-in-nursing-bsn/.