All of our appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes except for Praxis I tutoring, which is scheduled for 1 hour.
How do I make a face-to-face appointment?
You can make an appointment in one of several ways:
- Call (501) 450-5123;
- Drop by Thompson 109;
- Access our online scheduler and make an appointment from your own computer.
How do I make an email appointment?
You can set up an email appointment in the online scheduler, the same way that you would if you were making a face-to-face appointment. Simply select "Online" and "e-mail" and then either attach your paper in the scheduler or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could also email a description of your assignment, your questions, and your draft to email@example.com. We respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
How do I make an IM appointment?
Step-by-step instructions for an IM session:
- IM appointments are scheduled through WCOnline in the same way face-to-face appointments are scheduled, only ‘IM’ should be selected from the drop down menu in the appointment window rather than ‘face-to-face’. Also, the answer to the question ‘Meet Online?’ in the appointment window should be ‘Yes—Meet Online’.
- After the appointment has been saved, attach the file containing the paper to the session.
- Your appointment will appear red on the schedule after exiting the appointment window.
- At the time you scheduled your appointment for, log back in to WCOnline and select your red appointment slot. Follow the instructions under the drop-down menu that should say ‘Yes—Meet Online’.
- The chat session should open in a separate window. Your tutor will direct you from there.
What kind of appointment should I make?
We have the following options for you to choose from:
- Face-to-face tutoring is where you come into the Center and work one-on-one with a tutor.
- For e-mail sessions, send your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will assign a tutor to e-mail you feedback within 24-48 business hours.
- For IM and Skype sessions you schedule a time to meet a tutor online to have a session concerning your project without leaving the comfort of your own home! For Skype sessions, you will need a webcam and Skype account.
Important Note: We only schedule Skype sessions by phone. Please call 501-450-5123 if you would like a Skype appointment.
- We can also video record your speeches or group presentations in our speech room and either e-mail the recording to you or go over it with you.
If you need to cancel your appointment, simply revisit our online scheduler at uca.mywconline.com, click on the appointment you would like to cancel, and click the red "CANCEL THIS APPOINTMENT" button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Alternatively, you can call the Writing Center at (501)450-5123 or email email@example.com to cancel your appointment.
We encourage you to make as many appointments as necessary to work through the writing process!