Web Development coordinates the overall Web presence at UCA. This includes everything from maintaining top levels of the site to providing access and training to members of the UCA community so they can maintain department specific pages.
Our content management system is called Luminis (LCMS) and allows a specific look and feel to be applied to all Web pages. Additional LCMS information is available here.
With LCMS, we:
- Manage Users
- Create default workgroups and webviews for departments
- Create default components and layouts for departments
- Coordinate training
- Provide technical troubleshooting
- Review content
- Initially Publish Content for departments
- Move content live
- Monitor and offer suggestions to departments as needed
In addition to the CMS, we maintain:
- A form building application
- An event calendar
- The faculty/staff hosting server
- The news blog...and more
Web Development also takes pictures of faculty and staff for use on our site. Pictures are taken during X-Period on Thursday, by appointment only. We store these images on Picasa for Web site managers to use as needed.
We are also very active in maintaining various social media resources on behalf of the university, including the following:
- FaceBook - We work with a core group of UCA staff to manage a FaceBook presence.
- LinkedIn - We manage the official UCA "company" site.
- Twitter - We are constantly looking at ways to use the power of twitter to share UCA news and information. Follow @ucabears.
- Flickr - Maintain the official UCA site on flickr. Images are provided by Mike Kemp, UCA's award winning photographer.
- YouTube - Maintain the official UCA site on YouTube.