It is time to apply to TWC for spring 2015!! And it is not too early to think about summer 2015! The Washington Center’s priority deadline for spring is October 15th, the regular deadline is November 19th. The priority deadline is for best consideration for financial aid. It is best to apply early.
Students: See checklist for Students Applying to The Washington Center for Internships
Students should contact UCA's liaison to the Washington Center, before preparing their applications.
Dr. Peter Mehl
Students must be at least second-semester sophomores and carry at least a 2.75 gpa. Students should complete their applications on line, print a copy and bring to the liaison, Dr. Peter Mehl, in Irby 120 before submitting it to the Washington Center. Please have your academic adviser email Dr. Mehl a list of courses for which you will receive UCA credit; Dr. Mehl's office will register you for these courses. He also reviews and approves applications and course credit.
• Your essay and your résumé are important components of your application.
• The issues essay is a 500-word statement and it should be devoted to a discussion of a topic that involves the field(s) in which you hope to work. You should include an indication of your personal views. This is not a research paper, but rather an opportunity for you to demonstrate that you have a serious interest and some background knowledge about issues in the field you wish to work.
• In your 100-word internship request statement you should describe the types of activities in which you would like to be involved during your internship, and how these activities relate to your career goals.
• Your résumé should clearly outline your educational, volunteer, leadership, and work experience to date.
• Two letters of recommendation (three letters if your GPA is below 2.75)
• Application fee