It is not too late to apply to TWC for spring 2017!! Priority deadline is October 12th. The priority deadline is for best consideration for financial aid. It is best to apply early. Regular deadline is November 16th, but applications are accepted as long as space is available.
It is not too early to apply for Summer 2017! Priority deadline is February 15th; regular deadline is March 15th.
Students: See checklist for Students Applying to The Washington Center for Internships
Students should contact UCA's liaison to the Washington Center, before preparing their applications.
Dr. Peter Mehl
Students should visit with Dr. Peter Mehl, in Irby 120, before submitting materials to the Washington Center. He will ask to have your academic adviser email him a list of courses for which you will receive UCA credit; Dr. Mehl's office will register you for these courses so you are not billed by UCA. Dr. Mehl reviews and approves applications and course credit.
• Your essay and your résumé are important components of your application.
• The issues essay is a 500-word statement and it should be devoted to a discussion of a topic that involves the field(s) in which you hope to work. You should include an indication of your personal views. This is not a research paper, but rather an opportunity for you to demonstrate that you have a serious interest and some background knowledge about issues in the field you wish to work.
• In your 100-word statement of professional interest you should describe the types of activities in which you would like to be involved during your internship, and how these activities relate to your career goals.
• Your résumé should clearly outline your educational, volunteer, leadership, and work experience to date. One page only.
• Two letters of recommendation (three letters if your GPA is below 2.75)
• Application fee