It is time to apply to TWC for spring and summer 2014! And it is not too early to think about Fall 2014! The Washington Center’s competitive deadline for spring is Mid-October, regular deadline is mid-November. The competitive deadline for summer is mid-February, regular deadline is mid-March. It is best to apply early. There are still special opportunities for study abroad internships in London, England.
Students: See checklist for Students Applying to The Washington Center for Internships
Students should contact UCA's liaison to the Washington Center, before preparing their applications.
Dr. Peter Mehl
Students must be at least second-semester sophomores and carry at least a 2.75 gpa. Students should complete their applications on line, print a copy and bring to the liaison Dr. Peter Mehl, in Irby 120 (by the UCA deadline if scholarship funds are desired) before submitting it to the Washington Center. Please bring copies of your letters of recommendation and a preliminary list of courses for which you will receive credit from UCA. The liaison reviews and approves applications and course credit.
• Your essay and your résumé are important components of your application.
• The issues essay is a 500-word statement and it should be devoted to a discussion of a topic that involves the field(s) in which you hope to work. You should include an indication of your personal views. This is not a research paper, but rather an opportunity for you to demonstrate that you have a serious interest and some background knowledge about issues in the field you wish to work.
• In your 100-word internship request statement you should describe the types of activities in which you would like to be involved during your internship, and how these activities relate to your career goals.
• Your résumé should clearly outline your educational, volunteer, leadership, and work experience to date.
• Two letters of recommendation (three letters if your GPA is below 2.75)
• Application fee