The goal of the Student Research Fund is to provide support to undergraduate and graduate students for expenses incurred in conducting and disseminating research and other scholarship or creative activities.
The undergraduate student must have at least a 2.0 GPA and the graduate student a 3.0 GPA and be a registered student with the University of Central Arkansas for the semesters in which the research/travel is to take place. Students who graduate will not be able to access the funds after the date of their graduation. A student can receive no more than one award per academic year. Awarded amounts are determined by the merit of the proposal, the amount contributed by other sources, and on a first come, first served basis.
- Students who receive funds must submit a report on their research activity within 30 days of the travel or project completion.
- NEW- The department must submit reimbursement paperwork (Supplies/Services Form) within one week of the conclusion of the travel or receipt of purchases.
- Read the Student Research Proposal Guidelines.
- Prepare the proposal documents as outlined in the guidelines.
- Complete the Student Research Fund Request form (see separate PDF form below). This form and the supporting proposal documents must be submitted for approval by the faculty mentor, department chair, college dean, and Graduate Dean, in that order.