The University Research Council is charged with deciding where and how university funds should be appointed to faculty doing research. The URC is comprised of representatives of each college on campus, and is permanently chaired by the Graduate Dean. The members are automatically appointed if they Chair their College’s Research Committee. There are also two Faculty Senate-At-Large positions appointed to the URC.
1. Fully complete appropriate proposal form. There is one for research activity, and one for travel. Links to these forms are above.
2. Obtain ALL required signatures on the proposal form.
3. Scan proposal into a single PDF file and submit this electronically to the Graduate School. Research proposals (not travel requests) are to be emailed to Patti Hornor at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Graduate School.
Note: Each proposal and its supporting documents should be created in its own PDF file and the filename should be that of the faculty member followed by the college code (ex. Smith, John COE.pdf).
4. Send the signed original hardcopy to the Graduate School. It is suggested that you keep a copy of the original for your own files.
5. Keep your eye on the URC scheduled meetings calendar. If you have not heard from the Graduate School within two weeks AFTER the URC meeting, feel free to contact Patti Hornor.