Semester Exchange

Apply by March 15, 2019 for fall 2019








North and South America




Information on Semester Exchange

UCA students may apply to spend a semester abroad at a partner university. Students participating in a UCA Exchange Program will be enrolled in 12 to 15 credit hours of approved coursework while abroad. Tuition and fees at the partner university will be waived. A student’s scholarship and financial aid package at UCA may help cover expenses. Once approved, students pay UCA tuition and fees while attending a partner university for one semester or one academic year and transfer credits back to UCA.

Study Abroad Financial Assistance For information about the types of financial aid available for each program, please see this graph: Financial Aid Overview


Students interested in spending a semester abroad should have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA with 60 credit hours completed by the beginning of the term abroad. If a student’s GPA is below the 3.0 requirement, the student will be asked to submit a letter explaining any circumstances faced that may have contributed to the current cumulative GPA. The student will also be asked to submit a letter of recommendation from the department chair of the corresponding major.

Students considering studying abroad as an exchange should make an appointment with the Study Abroad Office in the first four weeks of one semester prior to going abroad. Our partners accept a limited number of students per academic year. UCA students should not contact partner universities but rather work with the Office of Study Abroad.

When searching for opportunities for exchange, UCA students should first research the partner school(s), then make an appointment with the Office of Study Abroad to receive details on other issues such as budget, courses offered, and other information. Students should also contact the Office of Financial Aid for details on eligibility.

A charge of $40 will be applied to the student’s account if accepted to study abroad with a partner school. International Insurance is also required through iNext: The Office of Study Abroad will work with approved exchange students to complete registration for international insurance.

Applying to Study Abroad

If you want to apply to be an exchange student with a partner university, please use the following checklist to apply: Approval Checklist Exchanges.  Please note deadlines published by the UCA Office of Study Abroad.

For more information about the pre-approval course process please reference: Course Approval Process for Semester Exchange Students.

Partner universities accept a limited number of students from UCA. If a competitive process will be used to determine a placement abroad, the Office of Study Abroad and International Engagement will review all files in the application to determine eligibility and selection based upon one or more of the following: seniority, GPA, degree, professor recommendations, interview, committee review and statement of purpose essay.

Students are responsible for acquiring the appropriate travel documentation including passport and visa (if necessary), arranging accommodations abroad and providing financial support for personal and food expenses during their exchange program.



Exchange students from partner universities applying to UCA, please visit UCA International Engagement’s Admissions page