Incoming Exchange Students

Application Guide For Incoming Exchange Students

This program is for student exchanges between UCA and Reciprocal Exchange Partner Universities.

Please Note: Students applying to the UCA Exchange Program must be nominated by the International Programs or Office of Exchange Programs at their home university.

Prospective Exchange Students: Please contact the international programs or exchange program office at your home university for more information.

International Students interested in participating in the Global Education Project (GEP), please visit the UCA International Student and Scholar Services GEP webpage or contact a GEP representative: Phone: 501-450-3445 • Fax: 501-852-2439

International & Exchange Program Administrators: For information regarding the UCA Exchange Program, please contact: Ashley Pettingill, Associate Director of International Engagement • 501.852.2434 • University of Central Arkansas • Conway, Arkansas • U.S.A


Application Information and Admission Requirements for Incoming Exchange Students


International Student Support Services at UCA:


City of Conway


STEP #1: Institutional Approval

Approval by the Exchange Student’s home university & the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) is required for acceptance to the Exchange Program.

Nominations from partner institutions can be submitted via email:


STEP #2: Submit Application Materials

☐ UCA Exchange Application Form

☐ Copy of Passport

☐ Proof of Financial Support ($3,000 USD per term)

All international students are required by law to prove that they will have sufficient funds available for their educational expenses. This should consist of a letter (written on the bank’s letterhead) stating that the sponsor is able to provide the necessary funds for the student’s education. This letter must be less than 6 months old.

☐ Copy of most recent university Transcript of Records or Marks Sheet

☐ Housing Application Form

Please submit all application materials to:

UCA International Engagement, Adcock International House

Attention: International Exchange Program • 360 Farris Road • Conway, Arkansas 72034

Phone: 501-450-3445 • Fax: 501-852-2439


STEP #3: Apply for a J-1 Exchange Student Visa

Once issued a Form DS-2019 by UCA International Admissions, apply for a J-1Visa at a United States Embassy or Consulate.

 J-1 (Exchange Student) Visa

Students must bring the following documents to the US Consulate:


Important Dates & Orientation Details

View the Schedule for International Orientation and International & Exchange Student Arrival Dates for your selected program term at

The UCA Office of International Student & Scholar Services provides assistance and support services to new and currently enrolled international students and scholars. Our services include, but are not limited to: orientation, information and assistance with immigration regulations, housing assistance, social and educational programming. If you cannot find the answers to your questions on the website, or for other assistance, please contact • Phone: 501-450-3445 • Fax: 501-852-2439

Register for Courses

Exchange students can register online for course work via MyUCA.  Your MyUCA login information will be provided with your acceptance and immigration documents.

MANDATORY International Arrival and Orientation

UCA Office of International Student Services provides transportation to the UCA campus from the Little Rock National Airport.  To request transportation, please complete the International Arrival Form found on the International Student & Scholar Services website:

Fee Payment 

Be prepared to pay $100.00 housing deposit plus room and board fees upon arrival. Payments can be made in advance via MyUCA with credit card.

Tuition and fees for Exchange students are waived per the Bilateral Exchange Agreement.

International Insurance

Exchange students have two options:

1. Purchase the insurance directly from UCA when you arrive; or

2. Purchase a policy in your home country that will provide the required coverage while you are here and provide UCA International Student and Scholar Services with a copy of the policy (in English).

Insurance must provide the following coverage: $50,000.00 per accident or illness for medical expenses, $10,000.00 for medical evacuation and $7,500.00 for repatriation of remains.

For current Insurance policy details, requirements and cost, please contact the Office of International Student Support Services at


All exchange students will be assigned a semi-private room in UCA Housing facilities and are required to enroll in a meal plan for the duration of the program. Students will submit the current UCA Application for Housing. Accommodation and meal plan options can be viewed online at or on the 2012-2013 Application Form.

UCA Campus Map