Financial Adjustment Appeal through Student Accounts

Students withdrawing from the current semester for one of the following reasons should visit with the Dean of Students or visit the Dean of Students website for an administrative withdrawal and refund.

  • A serious medical issue
  • Mental health issue
  • Death of a close family relative (parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, or engaged person)

 Financial Adjustment Appeal through Student Accounts

Students must be officially withdrawn from the class(es) for which they are requesting a financial adjustment. If student has not officially withdrawn, they will be referred to the Academic Adjustments & Appeals Committee in the Registrar's office for an after the fact withdrawal.

Valid Financial Adjustment Situations

  • Student pre-registered for classes but did not attend and has proof of non-attendance.
    • Written statements or emails from instructors are accepted.
    • Proof of enrollment at another university.
  • Student withdrew due to a documented medical or mental health issue for self or close family relative (accident, illness, serious injury, etc.).
    • Student must be already withdrawn to proceed with a Financial Adjustment Appeal. If the student has not yet withdrawn, and the medical issue occurred during the current semester, please see the Dean of Students to request an administrative withdrawal.
  • Student withdrew due to documented death of close family relative.
    • Student must submit documentation of the death, such as an obituary or a copy of the death certificate.

    Appeals for charges older than five years will not be accepted.

Under normal circumstances the Financial Adjustment Appeal process is four to six weeks. The student will be notified of the Financial Adjustment Appeal Committee’s decision by mail to the address listed on the Financial Adjustment Appeal form.

The following additional items will need to be considered.

Student Housing – If the student is living in campus housing, including apartments owned or leased by the University, the student will need to check out with housing staff as soon as possible. Once a student checks out, room and board is normally pro-rated from the time of check-out.

Financial Aid – Students who receive federal financial aid should contact the UCA Financial Aid office to see how their withdrawal may impact their financial aid status. Students who receive Title IV funds and who withdraw or stop attending classes through the 60 percent point in a semester will have their aid returned to the federal government. In such cases, the student will owe money to the University for the funds returned to the government.

 Financial Adjustment Appeal Procedure

A student must request a Financial Adjustment Appeal form from Student Accounts. It can be requested:

  • In person at the Student Accounts front desk in McCastlain Hall Room 144
  • Over the phone at (501)450-5015. The form will be emailed or faxed to the student.
  • Via email. Please email your request to
  • If the student cannot request the form by any of these means, please send us a letter requesting the form and an address to mail it to.  Mail requests to:
UCA Student Accounts
McCastlain Hall 144
University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey Ave
Conway, AR 72035

After receiving a Financial Adjustment Appeal form, the student should fill it out and provide the most accurate explanation possible.

Along with the Financial Adjustment Appeal form, the student should attach supporting documentation for the reason they withdrew from UCA.

In the case of non-attendance, the student must withdraw officially through the UCA Registrar’s office, and then obtain verification of non-attendance from each of the student’s instructors. Attach the verification of non-attendance and send it in with the Financial Adjustment Appeal form.

Completed Financial Adjustment Appeal forms and supporting documentation should be returned to the Student Accounts office as soon as possible to ensure prompt processing.

Once the Financial Adjustment Appeal form and documentation are received, it is processed within Student Accounts and sent for review. A decision will be made based on the appeal materials provided. Once a decision has been made, a letter will be mailed to the student notifying them of the Financial Adjustment Appeal Committee’s decision and the state of the student’s account.

The entire Financial Adjustment Appeal process takes about four to six weeks.

For any questions concerning this process, please call (501)450-5015.