Out-of-State Fee Waiver Information
Students can qualify for in-state tuition under these fee waivers:
- Students residing in University Housing (housing owned or leased by the University).
- Full-time students receiving a full tuition scholarship provided by unrestricted funds of the University (State Statute 6-82-103)
- UCA graduates who are dues paying members of the UCA Alumni Association.
- Children or grandchildren (age 26 or under) of UCA graduates who are dues paying members of the UCA Alumni Association.
- Students who are members or dependents of members of the armed forces stationed in the State of Arkansas pursuant to military orders as stated in State Statute 6-60-205.
- Undergraduate students whose permanent address is in one of the counties contiguous to the State of Arkansas identified in relation to ACA 6-60-303 and 19-5-1076 which established the Higher Education Tuition Adjustment Fund. Eligible counties: Oklahoma– Delaware, Adair, Sequoyah, Le Flore, McCurtain. Texas – Bowie, Cass. Louisiana– Webster, Claiborne, Union, Morehouse. Tennessee– Shelby, Lauderdale, Dyer, Tipton. Mississippi– Coahoma, Tunica, Desota, Bolivar. Missouri– Pemiscot, Dunklin, Ripley, Oregon, Ozark, Taney, Barry, McDonald, Howell.
- Graduate students whose permanent address is in one of the states contiguous to the State of Arkansas (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana).
- Graduate students who have a full-time graduate assistantship.
- Courses offered through the Division of Outreach and Community Engagement.
- Courses offered online.
- Courses offered during the summer.
- Undocumented students pay out-of-state tuition unless they live in university housing.
- There may be exceptions/modifications for international students pursuant to a contract with another entity.
Faculty/Staff Fee Waiver Information
- Employee – graduate and undergraduate classes
- Spouse – graduate and undergraduate classes
- Dependent – undergraduate classes only
- 80% of tuition and the following fees
- Facilities Fee
- Student Co-op Education Fee
- Student Center Fee
- HPER Fee
- Athletic Fee
- Technology Fee
- Fine/Performing Arts Fee
- The portion of the online course fee and the fully online graduate program registration related to the above fees will be discounted at 80%.
Faculty/Staff Fee Waiver Application Process:
Step 1 – Filing – You must fill out the waiver forms (available in the Human Resource office or on their website) and turn them in to Human Resources by the deadline.
Step 2 – Eligibility – Once Human Resources determines you are eligible for the waiver, it will be put in the system.
Step 3 – Authorization – Once Financial Aid reviews (and adjusts if necessary) your financial aid package with the waiver included, it will be authorized in the system.
Step 4 – Posting – When the waiver is authorized, it will be posted to your student account at the next daily posting cycle.
Eligibility – Please contact the Human Resources Office
Financial Aid Effect – Please contact the Financial Aid Office
Account Balance – Please check myUCA or contact the Student Accounts Office
See Board Policy 623 for additional information.
Over 60 Fee Waiver Information
Act 678 of 1975. When any person sixty (60) years of age or older is admitted and enrolls as a student in any state-supported institution of higher learning in this state, the board of trustees of the institution or other appropriate institutional officials shall waive all the general student fee charges for each student on a space-available basis in existing classes. Must be a resident of Arkansas and supply Driver’s License to the UCA Student Accounts Office. Questions, please email Lynette Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.