What happens if I disagree with a disciplinary decision? Can I appeal?
Students can file a disciplinary appeal within three (3) working days with the vice president for student services, who is located in 210 Student Health Center. Appeal forms are available from this office. An appeal may be submitted based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Denial of due process (i.e., failure of university to follow stated procedures).
- Inadequate information to support decision.
- Sanction not in keeping with gravity of wrong doing (i.e., sanction is too harsh).
The appeal goes before the Academic Integrity and Discipline Committee. This committee reviews all submitted written material and makes a recommendation to the vice president for student services, which may include:
- Affirm the original decision and sanction.
- Affirm the original decision, but lessen the sanction.
- Reverse the original decision.
- Return the case to the appropriate board or hearing officer for a new hearing.
All disciplinary decisions are recommendations to the vice president for student services.