Beginners Robotics for STEM Teaching: Grades 6-8
A Special Professional Development Program for STEM teachers
Post – Survey
The STEM Institute at UCA received a No Child Left Behind, Title II, Part A grant to provide a 2014 a professional development program. The goals are to use basic robotics to strengthen teachers’ content knowledge in STEM areas, improve teachers’ ability to develop and implement math/science/engineering integrated 5E lessons with robotic engineering activities that are aligned to CCSS and NGSS, model “best practices” pedagogy, and provide participants with classroom materials/training for hands-on math/science/engineering activities.
Teachers will receive:
• Up $1500 stipend for a PD course (60 hours of PD credits)
• $200 worth teaching materials to implement the activities in their classrooms
• Long-term classroom support from UCA faculty and staff
Commitment from teacher:
• Complete the required professional development training: 2 weeks in summer and two Saturdays during the 2013-14 academic year
• Complete and submit all assignments and grant paperwork in a timely manner (UCA PD requirements, time sheets, W-9 forms, evaluations, pre/post science content and pedagogy tests).
• Allow two or more classroom observations/support to implement the lessons
• Registration: $200 (lunch will be provided each day)
Tentative Summer Dates:
June 23-27, 2014
July 7-11, 2014
Two days in fall 2014 will be announced later
Preference will be given to our partners on the grant project: North Little Rock and Conway School Districts.
For more information on other grants and PD training please visit our website:
Dr. Uma Garimella, Director
UCA STEM Institute
University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey Avenue, 212 Main
Conway, AR 72035 (501) 450-5663 email@example.com