UCA STEM Institute is funded for the Math Core Team (MCT) year III project.
Please complete the survey
If you are in the comparison group or new to the program and interested in joining, please complete the commitment form and email me (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) saying that you submitted the form.
Saturday Dates for MCT II require 12 days of on-site trainings
Training days Date
Day1 September 28, 2013
Day 2 October 26, 2013
Day 3 November 16, 2013
Day 4 February 8, 2014
Day 5 March 8, 2014
Day 6 April 26, 2014
Day 7 May 10, 2014
Day 8-12 July 7 -11, 2014
Topics for Year 3 of the Grade 3-5 Math Core Team Grant Project 2013-2014
September – October - 2013
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation on intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects.
- Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements of units within a given measurement system and between different systems.
November - December 2013
- Recognize perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
- Understand concepts of area and volume and relate area to multiplication and measurement and solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area and volume.
- Understand concepts of angle and measure angles and solve real-world and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area and volume.
January – May 2014
- Reason with shapes and their attributes.
- Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles.
- Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
July –August 2014
- Generate measurement data.
- Represent and interpret data.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distribution.
- Use random sampling to draw inference about a population.
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.